This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AKo Loose Player

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Villain is playing VPIP 50% Agg. 2.0

Preflop too high a raise (was taking position into account). Otherwise turn is iffy.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $0.56
      MP3:
      $2.04
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.55
      SB (Hero):
      $2.11
      BB:
      $0.84
      MP1:
      $5.16

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.14, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 8, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.06) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38.

River: ($1.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $3.42.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Greedyfly,

What's your plan if he bets bigger on the turn? :) What hands do you beat on the river? Most of the draws completed. Do you even think he could ever bet for value with Kx?

Best Regards.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Greedyfly,

What's your plan if he bets bigger on the turn? :) What hands do you beat on the river? Most of the draws completed. Do you even think he could ever bet for value with Kx?

Best Regards.
      I guess if he ships it on the turn I can fold. But playing any two suited though?!?...I know they do down here but why? And if that's the case I am pretty much folding to any 3 suited cards on any board the maniac fish bet at. How on earth am I ever expected to make or get value from my hands if all I am ever looking for is non scary flops and monsters (in my favour).

As for beating I guess worse Kx. J/10o (this is what he was holding) or other busted straights.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How on earth am I ever expected to make or get value from my hands if all I am ever looking for is non scary flops and monsters (in my favour).

Well, Check/Calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher isn't an option either while you don't even know the opponent. :)

Bet/Bet/Bet here while such an opponent will have a lot worse hands in his range there if you think you beat his betting range.