[NL2-NL10] AKo Loose Player

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Villain is playing VPIP 50% Agg. 2.0

Preflop too high a raise (was taking position into account). Otherwise turn is iffy.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2:
      $0.56
      MP3:
      $2.04
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.55
      SB (Hero):
      $2.11
      BB:
      $0.84
      MP1:
      $5.16

Preflop: Hero is SB with A, K.
      MP1 calls $0.02, MP2 calls $0.02, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB folds, MP1 calls $0.14, MP2 folds.

Flop: ($0.36) 8, K, 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.35, MP1 calls $0.35.

Turn: ($1.06) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.38, Hero calls $0.38.

River: ($1.82) 4 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $0.80, Hero calls $0.80.

Final Pot: $3.42.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Greedyfly,

What's your plan if he bets bigger on the turn? :) What hands do you beat on the river? Most of the draws completed. Do you even think he could ever bet for value with Kx?

Best Regards.
    • Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Greedyfly,

What's your plan if he bets bigger on the turn? :) What hands do you beat on the river? Most of the draws completed. Do you even think he could ever bet for value with Kx?

Best Regards.
      I guess if he ships it on the turn I can fold. But playing any two suited though?!?...I know they do down here but why? And if that's the case I am pretty much folding to any 3 suited cards on any board the maniac fish bet at. How on earth am I ever expected to make or get value from my hands if all I am ever looking for is non scary flops and monsters (in my favour).

As for beating I guess worse Kx. J/10o (this is what he was holding) or other busted straights.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      How on earth am I ever expected to make or get value from my hands if all I am ever looking for is non scary flops and monsters (in my favour).

Well, Check/Calling and turning your hand into bluff-catcher isn't an option either while you don't even know the opponent. :)

Bet/Bet/Bet here while such an opponent will have a lot worse hands in his range there if you think you beat his betting range.