2nd $50

• 14 replies
    • Justin37
      Justin37
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Luffstir
      i heard some people get a second chance how do you know if you have and what do you need to do to get it? thankyou

basicly dont burn ur 1st deposit bonus, coz why on earth pokerstaretgy wanna give another extra $50 for those who keep losing $$$.

my 1st on stars,
      2nd on 888
      3rd on Tilt -- gone as everyone else...
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Luffstir,

2nd Free starting capitals are rare but can be obtained by reaching a certain criteria in a time-frame.
      Sorry but we cannot disclose any information on how to exactly get one.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • Luffstir
      Luffstir
      Bronze
      So does that mean i can get $50 at a diffrent site aswell ?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Luffstir,

didn't you just get your first capital earlier this week? don't tell me you busted it already? :f_o: did you read the articles on bankroll management? if you don't follow any bankroll management, it doesn't matter how many capitals you get, i guarantee you will always lose it all.

a second 50$ is sometimes distributed by marketing but they cannot be requested nor do we have control over it, so to answer your question, yes it is possible, but also, don't hold out that much hope for it because you don't know if you will get it :)

btw, have moved your thread to beginner's questions where it is appropriate.

regards,
      wendy
    • Luffstir
      Luffstir
      Bronze
      i know i only got it this week ive been playing poker for over 3 years i know all about the game but got really unlucky. people shoving pre flop with Q10 im holding AKs im not going to fold i call there all in and bam Q on the flop theres 1 buy in gone its just full of stupid players
    • Jitroceler
      Jitroceler
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Luffstir
      i know i only got it this week ive been playing poker for over 3 years i know all about the game but got really unlucky. people shoving pre flop with Q10 im holding AKs im not going to fold i call there all in and bam Q on the flop theres 1 buy in gone its just full of stupid players
      It seems that you really don´t know all about poker.
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi Luffstir,

That's a real shame you lost the $50, I hate it when that happens to our members.

However, are you being entirely honest with yourself here? I just think that by following PokerStrategy advice and using basic bankroll management and a sensible stop-loss it would be quite an achievement to go broke in a few days.
      Don't misunderstand me, I know it can happen and yes I've seen it happen on occasion, but more often there is are underlying problems; the first and biggest problem is usually admitting that there is one.

Finally, I wouldn't hold out too strongly for another free $50 from PokerStrategy if I were you. These are a rarety indeed and the criteria for receiving them and how they are distributed is not known to me.

I suggest making a small deposit. I also suggest joining our NL Beginners Course by clicking the link at the botom of my post. You may not be a beginner, but neither am I and I still attend and I still get a huge amount from the sessions. That is what the coachings are for.

Never mind the ego, swallow the pride and drop a level or two in thinking, it works.

Anyway, my best regards to you and I wish you well and success.

Mal.
    • daenyboi
      daenyboi
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi Luffstir,

That's a real shame you lost the $50, I hate it when that happens to our members.

However, are you being entirely honest with yourself here? I just think that by following PokerStrategy advice and using basic bankroll management and a sensible stop-loss it would be quite an achievement to go broke in a few days.
      Don't misunderstand me, I know it can happen and yes I've seen it happen on occasion, but more often there is are underlying problems; the first and biggest problem is usually admitting that there is one.

Finally, I wouldn't hold out too strongly for another free $50 from PokerStrategy if I were you. These are a rarety indeed and the criteria for receiving them and how they are distributed is not known to me.

I suggest making a small deposit. I also suggest joining our NL Beginners Course by clicking the link at the botom of my post. You may not be a beginner, but neither am I and I still attend and I still get a huge amount from the sessions. That is what the coachings are for.

Never mind the ego, swallow the pride and drop a level or two in thinking, it works.

Mal.
      Lets get seriopus for a while, 99% of all Starting Capital players will lose their money and will keep losing. What did you expect seriously:p

It´s the way it should be because everyone cant win, and there still be poker players with weak minds..
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by daenyboi
      Originally posted by gadget51
      Hi Luffstir,

Mal.
      Lets get seriopus for a while, 99% of all Starting Capital players will lose their money and will keep losing. What did you expect seriously:p

It´s the way it should be because everyone cant win, and there still be poker players with weak minds..
      Yeah, let's get serious:

99% of the players who received the starting capital THEN LEARN the ps.com strategy material, posting on the hand analysis forum, and follow bankroll management will keep winning at least at the low limit.
      What else did you expect?

It's the way it should be because everyone can win, and there still be poker players with weak minds.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Everyone ive seen who got offered a 2nd capital was active and contibuting to the forums and community, so if you really want to hold out for one, it makes sense that you will max your chances of getting an offer by doing that.
    • madzmadz25
      madzmadz25
      Bronze
      Hmmmm... That sounds a good idea.
    • Silicernium
      Silicernium
      Bronze
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Everyone ive seen who got offered a 2nd capital was active and contibuting to the forums and community, so if you really want to hold out for one, it makes sense that you will max your chances of getting an offer by doing that.
      Hallo!

A friend of mine get second $50 without being active inside the forum. This is not a point they check I think.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Silicernium
      Originally posted by esuohdla
      Hallo!

A friend of mine get second $50 without being active inside the forum. This is not a point they check I think.
      +1

I recieved the 2nd starting capital without being active on the forum. I wasn't ever really on the forum untill I received the 2nd stating capital.
      But good advice: Stay active on the forum and keep on learning. You wasted $50 in a week. I can't really see how thats possible on NL2. On which you should be playing with $50.
      I think it's just luck tbh.
      The 2nd starting capital as far as I know is always on Party so if you do have an account on party you wont be able to receive the 2nd starting capital. Or you have to make a 2nd account which isn't alowed.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      I think you can get a 2nd elsewhere, though im not 100% on that.