[NL2-NL10] nl10 Too Tight A Fold or Standard?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: £11.79
      Hero (BB): £11.59
      UTG: £9.34
      CO: £10.83
      BTN: £6.57

SB posts SB £0.05, Hero posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

UTG raises to £0.30, fold, fold, SB calls £0.25, Hero raises to £0.90, UTG calls £0.60, SB calls £0.60

Flop: (£2.70, 3 players) J:diamond: 6:club: J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets £1.35, UTG calls £1.35, SB raises to £5.40, fold, fold

This hand was nagging me all night. It was obviously a strong move by the SB. With 2 people ahead of him, he's definitely not afraid. I definitely should have raised to like £1.20 at least pre-flop but my keyboard was switched off and it was getting a bit fiddly so I just clicked the 3x button! 1/2 pot on the turn was pretty lame too, I know, but I kind of wanted action from weaker hands and to build a nice pot, but it didn't go as planned! I guess 2/3 and maybe fold would have been a better line.

My thoughts are:

1) If he had a Jack, why would he raise so big and scare of his customers. Even with 6's full he wouldn't do that would he? Unless he though 1 of us had a Jack maybe.

2) What is he repping here? Is my fold here a bit too tight? Could/should I have pushed here profitably?

With UTG to act behind me, I found it a pretty tricky spot. What do you guys think? A standard fold? Let me know.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Why do you raise so small?

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I doubt that I would do anything fancy here, he most likely has the Jx. Even if his raise doesn't make sense we still don't know the opponent. :)

Best Regards.