This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 Too Tight A Fold or Standard?

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: £11.79
      Hero (BB): £11.59
      UTG: £9.34
      CO: £10.83
      BTN: £6.57

SB posts SB £0.05, Hero posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.15) Hero has Q:diamond: Q:club:

UTG raises to £0.30, fold, fold, SB calls £0.25, Hero raises to £0.90, UTG calls £0.60, SB calls £0.60

Flop: (£2.70, 3 players) J:diamond: 6:club: J:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets £1.35, UTG calls £1.35, SB raises to £5.40, fold, fold

This hand was nagging me all night. It was obviously a strong move by the SB. With 2 people ahead of him, he's definitely not afraid. I definitely should have raised to like £1.20 at least pre-flop but my keyboard was switched off and it was getting a bit fiddly so I just clicked the 3x button! 1/2 pot on the turn was pretty lame too, I know, but I kind of wanted action from weaker hands and to build a nice pot, but it didn't go as planned! I guess 2/3 and maybe fold would have been a better line.

My thoughts are:

1) If he had a Jack, why would he raise so big and scare of his customers. Even with 6's full he wouldn't do that would he? Unless he though 1 of us had a Jack maybe.

2) What is he repping here? Is my fold here a bit too tight? Could/should I have pushed here profitably?

With UTG to act behind me, I found it a pretty tricky spot. What do you guys think? A standard fold? Let me know.

Thanks
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Preflop: Why do you raise so small?

As played
      Postflop: Nah, I doubt that I would do anything fancy here, he most likely has the Jx. Even if his raise doesn't make sense we still don't know the opponent. :)

Best Regards.