Good morning sweatbags!

• ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      My name is Rickie, I'm eighteen and I live in Leicester, United Kingdom.

Well this is me and my baby face this morning after having a horrible nights sleep. I think I must have woken up at least four times throughout last night, but nevertheless I'm up and ready for a long day of grinding $1 10max SNGs at Poker770. Yeah, it's not the most exciting thing you can do for the day but I want to finally use some good BRM and learn to crack the micro stakes (which is my first goal).

Basically sweatbags, I want to find people with an average amount of experience behind them (specifically people who have beaten micro stakes through SNGs). Anybody and everybody wanting to run some sweat sessions would be a great help as well though.

Thankyar! Stay sweaty. :s_biggrin:
  • 6 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey Rickie!

a warm welcome to the forums. oh my! i think this is the first intro thread i've encountered with a picture included! :D aren't you freezing to death? :D
      maybe you want to start a blog instead? that's the best way in my opinion for our members to get to know each other more, esp as time goes by. :) you will probably find a lot of sweatbags, is it? lurking in the blogs. sweatbags such a funny term. :f_biggrin:

i'm not an SNG player but i know that the ICM trainer is one of the first tools they download. if you haven't yet, you can find it here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

let us know how you get on!

smiles,
      wendy
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hey Rickie!

a warm welcome to the forums. oh my! i think this is the first intro thread i've encountered with a picture included! :D aren't you freezing to death? :D
      maybe you want to start a blog instead? that's the best way in my opinion for our members to get to know each other more, esp as time goes by. :) you will probably find a lot of sweatbags, is it? lurking in the blogs. sweatbags such a funny term. :f_biggrin:

i'm not an SNG player but i know that the ICM trainer is one of the first tools they download. if you haven't yet, you can find it here:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/

let us know how you get on!

smiles,
      wendy
      Well the picture isn't a very splendid one, haha. Not at all. Waking up with the heating on definitely has its perks. :]

I've always wanted to start a blog but I've got to find out how to read and use graphs properly. That sounds silly but I don't understand a lot of them. A blog would actually motivate me to improve my overall game and the different aspects of it, but I feel as if nobody higher up in the community would freely tutor me. Also, micro blogs very rarely get recognised so I would have to put in a lot of effort into having something entertaining to write about. I just don't think my life and poker is very interesting at the minute.

I've used ICM trainer a while back but I've yet to use it since. I'm playing another home game again (which usually helps me out a little, money-wise) so I'll download it either later on tonight or tomorrow some time.

Once I learn how to use graphs and I'm a bit happier with my game I'll be sure to blog about it all. I may even include a few video blogs too. =)
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      hey ytsoP and welcome!

Hope you had a successful day grinding mate!

I'm with fizz on this one a blog is an epic way to launch your tracked poker career, and the great thing is the more updates you make the more hits it will get - meaning the more input, feedback and advice you'll get about what you post, so get one started for sure as soon as you are comfortable with using statistics.

I assume you've got the Elephant or something similar already?

Take care :f_cool:
    • ytsoP
      ytsoP
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EuanM
      hey ytsoP and welcome!

Hope you had a successful day grinding mate!

I'm with fizz on this one a blog is an epic way to launch your tracked poker career, and the great thing is the more updates you make the more hits it will get - meaning the more input, feedback and advice you'll get about what you post, so get one started for sure as soon as you are comfortable with using statistics.

I assume you've got the Elephant or something similar already?

Take care :f_cool:
      I ended up playing around ten 10max $1 SNGs and cashing in roughly 70% of them, which isn't too bad. The whole getting it in good and losing is still annoying though (when isn't it?). I should gradually increase my bankroll though, hoping that I don't hit another downswing. I've still got a lot to learn so once I'm able to sort out graphs and charts then I should be blogging in no time.

There's still a lot I'd like to find out, especially now I'm playing more SNGs instead of cash. I currently have the trial of HEM2 so once that runs out I'll go and use the trial for PokerTracker so that I know which one I should eventually purchase.

Which do you prefer?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      the HEM vs PT debate is quite a common one if you look through the threads. but basically they both will give you pretty much the same functions.
      i have heard that serious SNG players use the SNGwiz which is an add-on for HEM1, not sure if PT3 has an equivalent. :) i know Euan is a strong supporter of HEM2. i haven't really transitioned yet, still using HEM1 :)
    • EuanM
      EuanM
      Bronze
      Yes I use HEM2 frequently, up until the last update a few days ago and now I constantly get .NET framework error pop-ups from the HUD, so in game (most frustrating thing you can imagine) :s_evil: - even after reinstalling .net and HEM2, so I'm going to give PokerTracker a go next, I never got the chance to use any other software apart from HEM2 so far so it's more or less all I know and in the time I used it, it was quite decent.

SNG Wizard you can get seperately, although it'll be coming soon as an app in HEM2 - not sure about PT3 carrying SNG wiz.