[NL2-NL10] N L2 22

• FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Gold
      0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:heart: , 2:club:
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.08, Hero calls $0.07, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.18) J:diamond: , 5:club: , 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12.

Turn: ($0.42) T:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.28, Hero raises to $0.56, BU folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.98

Was able to land a set and wanted to extract value. So called flop, but then checked/raised turn, but villain goes away! Is it still ok/safe to just call turn, then call/jam river ? Also seeing that there are now 2 clubs at turn and maybe possible backdoor FD of villain ?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello FruitNinja,

Raise it right on the flop while being OOP. :) If he has a hand then he is willing to pay, if not he wont pay much anyways. And why do you Check/min-raise?

Best Regards.
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Gold
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello FruitNinja,

Raise it right on the flop while being OOP. :) If he has a hand then he is willing to pay, if not he wont pay much anyways. And why do you Check/min-raise?

Best Regards.

Ah ok so flop is where I gage if he has a hand somewhere.....thanks.

check/raise: was thinking if he had the J or any pair then he'd want to go along and call.

The min raise, well I noticed if I want to keep villain in hand but raise 3x or 4x pot, most times villain folds. so nowadays my raise is like 2x.... ?(
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, it's really bad to min-raise there cause you give good odds! Which means you don't force the opponent to make mistake but most likely you will do a mistake on river.
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Gold
      hmmm ok, got it.

yeah sometimes see big raises when I am drawing, ok so I should apply this to opponents as well.

thanks!