Ladies And Gentlemen

• Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      Hello,

This is my short introduction. My husband got addicted to poker a few years ago. During that time he managed to blew up a large amount of money. At the beginning I got very angry with him, but latter I started to play poker myself (not for real money of course). I had been playing on Facebook's 'Zynga Poker' every free minute I had and have something like 36 million of virtual money now. Wouldn't it be nice to win some real cash this way?

Now I have a little bit more time and decided to get some proper poker education and see If I can succeed in real money games.

I'm on the quest to win back every penny my husband lost.

Wish me luck :)

Cimbute
  • 23 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey Cimbute,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the community.

Interesting story you have there. I wish you the best on your journey to win the $$$'s back hehe.

Hopefully you don't make the same mistake your husband made and maybe even down the line show him what PokerStrategy.com has taught you so he can become a winning player also ;)

Regarding Zynga poker, you might be interested to read this column:
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/news/world-of-poker/Column:-Will-Poker-Get-Tougher-_56609/

But more importantly, How is the starting capital coming along?

Regards,

Kyle.
    • FruitNinja
      FruitNinja
      Gold
      Originally posted by Cimbute
      Hello,

This is my short introduction. My husband got addicted to poker a few years ago. During that time he managed to blew up a large amount of money. At the beginning I got very angry with him, but latter I started to play poker myself (not for real money of course). I had been playing on Facebook's 'Zynga Poker' every free minute I had and have something like 36 million of virtual money now. Wouldn't it be nice to win some real cash this way?

Now I have a little bit more time and decided to get some proper poker education and see If I can succeed in real money games.

I'm on the quest to win back every penny my husband lost.

Wish me luck :)

Cimbute

Hey there Cimbute,

Been a winning Zynga player too about a year ago and now playin real money. Unfortunately though today I can say that I am still not a winning player :( I am still learning :D Zynga and real money play are 2 different animals.

Here are some suggestions for your quest (not coming from a losing player but coming from a Zynga who transitioned to real money player :D :

1. start out at the micros, yes no limit 0.01/0.02 is fine. Who wants to win cents? Well you'd be happy to lose cents only while you are learning and adjusting to real money, don t rush your big quest.

2. of course learn the articles from here. There are tons to learn! I barely even scratch the surface. Very important! read and apply the BRM bankroll management articles, usually found at the start of the sections.

3. you can try fixed limit games too to get the feel of ABC poker, avoid most bluffing first!

4. well if you play SNG and win in zynga, that style (tight) may already work. But of course complement it further by the knowledge available here.

Well I hope some of my tips help you. Good luck and good game!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey Cimbute,

I had like 250 Million on Zynga, then BANG, highroller room put me on $0. Havn't played since :D

The best way to start your "proper poker education" would be to join our NL Beginners Course, You will start out learning the basics of which hands to play, how to play them & when! You'll then move on to some of the basic maths of Poker such as Odds & Outs. The course will also direct you to the most appropriate Articles and Videos for you to learn from. There is also a Coaching Session where you get to watch Veriz (The Course Coach) play, whilst he explains the reasoning behind the moves he makes, you will also be able to ask him specific Questions about anything that may confuse you.
      Its a must do for anyone serious about poker! :D

Have you seen my reply in your other thread about a Locked Account? Click Here
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      Thank you guys for such a warm welcome. I will most definitely follow your advice and start slowly paying more attention to training and study then playing.

And also I am thinking of setting small tasks like making small money for specific items (Holdem Manager, Table Ninja, PokerStove, etc.).

Bye bye Zynga! I'm with the different animal now.
    • GetARealJob
      GetARealJob
      Bronze
      good luck at the tables
      hope it goes well switching from play to real money
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by GetARealJob
      good luck at the tables
      hope it goes well switching from play to real money
      +1

Best wishes to you :)

If you ever need any help/assistance, please don't hesitate to ask!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • JohnTheGreatest
      JohnTheGreatest
      Silver
      :D

Good luck, Cimbute! ;)
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      Once again thank you guys. Will try not to let you down but also not to give my money to you :)

@Gary-- Yes I had a question about my status (why I still have 0 points after I made few successful deposits) but I already raised a support ticket on this.

O yeah I have another one. Could you point me to some kind of instructions on how to use hand converter to post hands to this forum. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and want do discuss doubtful hands from time to time.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Once again thank you guys. Will try not to let you down but also not to give my money to you :)

@Gary-- Yes I had a question about my status (why I still have 0 points after I made few successful deposits) but I already raised a support ticket on this.
      It takes a few days to track the accounts you have set up, so I am sure our customer support will assist you on this. For now all you need is to be patient and you will be upgraded to bronze very soon.

O yeah I have another one. Could you point me to some kind of instructions on how to use hand converter to post hands to this forum. I'm sure I'll have tons of questions and want do discuss doubtful hands from time to time.
      Here is a link to our hand history converter

As long as you are using a HUD (Head's Up Display, you should be able to convert them using that.

Hope this was helpful and if you need further help, please don't hesitate to ask :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      First attempt no success :(
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      @Gary

This link don't work. I tried to copy hand from HM2 hand view and paste in to this thread, but just codes with no graphic appear in preview.

Can you or anyone guide me to the easiest way to get hands posted?

As you can see I have purchased HM2 but have not figured out how to use it properly :(
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      @Gary

This link don't work. I tried to copy hand from HM2 hand view and paste in to this thread, but just codes with no graphic appear in preview.

Can you or anyone guide me to the easiest way to get hands posted?

As you can see I have purchased HM2 but have not figured out how to use it properly :(
      Hey Cimbute,

I edited the link again and it should work now. Apologies! I made a small error :(

Once you open the link now, it gives you the neccesary details on what to do next. I don't have HEM2 so I have never used it.

Let me know how this goes for you!

Kind regards,
      Gary
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Hi cimbute how are you doing so far, having fun I hope!

As to your question about exporting and posting hands to the forums, may I suggest you repost it here?;

http://www.pokerstrategy.com/forum/board.php?boardid=1361

It may get the response you're looking for quicker.

Best regards,

Mal.
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      I must say that my first impression with Poker Strategy is very good.

All articles I read so far are exceptionally well written and easy understand. All videos professionally presented.

I'm also happy how quickly support tickets are being answered.

It is fairly possible that I'm in the right place.
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      That is excellent to hear Cimbute.

Keep up the study and youll be crushing the poker tables in no time.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • angeleskarl0098
      angeleskarl0098
      Basic
      Hello there,

Welcome to PokerStrategy Forums. Goodluck for your quest :)
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by justkyle88
      That is excellent to hear Cimbute.

Keep up the study and youll be crushing the poker tables in no time.

Regards,

Kyle.
      +1

I also see that your now Silver so your tracking problem has been sorted. Enjoy the articles :) You planning on going for Gold this month too?

All the best,
      Gary
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      @Gary

It's being tracked with delay. I got only 300 points (as I understand bonus points are being earned by depositing) despite it was said that '1sp per $1 of deposit'. In fact I deposited much more than $300. Somewhat like 10 times more. But since everything else on this site is just great I believe the rest of my bonus points will be added soon.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      @Gary

It's being tracked with delay. I got only 300 points (as I understand bonus points are being earned by depositing) despite it was said that '1sp per $1 of deposit'. In fact I deposited much more than $300. Somewhat like 10 times more. But since everything else on this site is just great I believe the rest of my bonus points will be added soon.
      Hey there :)

Which site did you deposit on and I will look into this for you :)

Kind regards,
      Gary