[NL2-NL10] NL4 - QQ bet after flop with K?

• BigZebula
      BigZebula
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.02/$0.04 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      BB:
      $7.98
      UTG1:
      $3.03
      UTG2:
      $4.16
      MP1 (Hero):
      $4.00
      MP2:
      $6.48
      MP3:
      $5.54
      CO:
      $2.54
      BU:
      $1.72
      SB:
      $3.41

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q, Q.
      UTG1 raises to $0.12, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, MP2 raises to $0.68, 6 folds, Hero calls $0.28.

Flop: ($1.54) K, 3, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.10, MP2 raises to $2.20, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $2.64.

I re-raise a touch over 3x rasie - as standard with QQ. Then MP2 re-raises me a further 0.28c. With $1.26 in the pot, I see this as a no-brainer call. Is that right?
      Villain's Stats: VP$IP = 18 PFR = 11 Aggr = 2.3
      Then on the flop - although there is a K showing, I feel I had to continue to show aggression to see where I'm at - so I bet 3/4 pot. Obviously after he re-raises me - I'm out of there. His stats show he's not an idiot.
      My main questions is whether I should have bet (and if so, how much) after the flop. After thinking about it now, I'm not so sure the bet is right, as the most likely hands he has are AA, KK, or AK (all of which are crushing me anyway!). What do you think?
  • 3 replies
    • numbnutter
      numbnutter
      Bronze
      Don't like your play at all here. Without any reads on the opponent I would advise just folding it preflop, even for a relatively small raise like that you're most likely crushed by his 4betting range (generally KK, AA for most people at this limit, AK at best). If you were deep stacked here you could call for set value but in most cases folding is going to be best.

Postflop, why do you donk out? He is still the preflop aggressor and he's going to be cbetting this board with pretty much 100% of his range. Let him cbet, and this way you get value from his hands that missed too. By donking you just isolate yourself against his strong hands here (he isn't going to call you with any of his smaller pocket pairs or bluffs).

But overall, I would just fold to the 4bet preflop. If you're playing someone with a particularly tight UTG range (or who folds a lot to 3bets) you can even consider just calling with your queens here, as you will rarely be up against a weaker hand if you do end up playing postflop.

Hope that helped! :)
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BigZebula,

Preflop: Fold it against a 4bet you ain't doing good! If you even want to continue then rather just get it in.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you donk? :f_cry: :f_cry: :f_cry:

Best Regards.
    • BigZebula
      BigZebula
      Bronze
      Many thanks numbnutter. That does help.