This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL4 FR 72s

• JohnDoe1313
      JohnDoe1313
      Bronze
      Known players:
      Position:
      Stack
      Hero:
      $0,86
      MP2:
      $1,82
      MP3:
      $3,88
      BU:
      $0,73

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7:heart: , 2:heart:
      MP1 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, MP3 calls $0,02, CO folds, BU calls $0,02, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0,09) J:heart: , 7:club: , 3:heart: (4 players)
      Hero bets $0,06, MP2 calls $0,06, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0,21) 5:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

River: ($0,21) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP2 checks.

Final Pot: $0,21

Hello. I'm leading out the flop, because I got a pair and a draw and also I'm hoping to generate some fold equity. Turn is a blank, I don't think MP will fold anything, so my plan is check/call for pot control, because there are many Jx, better 7x in his range and he might check behind very often. Since my draw doesn't arrive, I'm check/folding. Was it good line? Your opinion? Thanks
  • 2 replies
    • Alesh123
      Alesh123
      Bronze
      I like your play but i will never bet with that hand out of position at flop.
      MP2 call and there are still 2 players after him.
      So if i will be he i will play like this:
      - i only call with flush draw (your is not very strong).
      - If i will have strong hand (tris, TPTK) i will raise you for protection.
      So my oppinion is to c/f flop.

But i just learning that game, so i must be wrong :)
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Hey,

You think you have a good hand but it is midpair, no kicker with a crappy kicker so I don't like the move here because when called, you just have to check/fold a lot or get reversed-implied odds (better flushdraws for example)

Best regards,
      Gerv