How much data does poker room transfers

• Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Hello everyone, since more and more poker rooms are launching their own smartphone software to play online, i've been thinking about getting one for myself too. But the question is, how much internet does poker software use, for example, if i have 1GB download limit, how much will i be able to play.
      Thank you in advance.
  • 10 replies
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Would be interested to know as well ...

There was a thread in Bwin - Ongame forum about it. However more questions that answers.
    • Lazza61
      Lazza61
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Originally posted by BergsM
      Hello everyone, since more and more poker rooms are launching their own smartphone software to play online, i've been thinking about getting one for myself too. But the question is, how much internet does poker software use, for example, if i have 1GB download limit, how much will i be able to play.
      Thank you in advance.

No. Playing online poker uses very little bandwidth. The only data that actually transfers is information about cards, chips, avatars, hands etc. All the graphic components are installed on your computer during the initial installation.

We have up to 4 players playing of ours on a 25 GB limit (monthly) and it's never broken the cap.

I would have thought a 1GB limit was more worrying because you wouldn't be able to view a lot of the wonderful video content. :D

If you run Windows OS you should be able to download widget/gadget that sits on your desktop and tells you in real time how much information you are streaming. Might even be called Network Monitor or some such thing.

Have another friend who plays off broadband prepaid dongle who probably recharges in 1GB increments and only uses it for poker, so I'll also ask him how much poker he gets from it.

In most rooms you can minimise the information by turning off dealer chat, avatar displays etc

Will
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      Do Bwin Android Poker uses a lot of MB?

There was the thread that eudodo was on about! I wouldn't imagine it would use more than 1GB a month, maybe not even reach 500MB :)

Jack
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      The 1GB limit was just an example, i understand that in these days 1GB isn't really all that much anymore. I will probably get the 5GB cap, and also there is wifi coverage in a lot of places so internet connection wont be a problem hopefully.
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be kindly informed that your wireless operator may charge you for data transfer between your handset and the poker servers and the cost of data can vary.

The client uses roughly 350-900 Kb per hour of game play; for a normal session (around 10-25 minutes) this is roughly 55-225 Kb. Your operator may also charge you for the download. Please contact your operator for more information regarding data cost and data plans.

Please note that these figures are estimations and the individual usage vary. However, based on the example of 1 hour using 900kb, you would use approximately 45MB for 50 hours of play.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further queries.

Kind regards,

Your bwin customer service team

I asked this so time ago to Bwin support.
    • Quadzzzzzzz
      Quadzzzzzzz
      Bronze
      God, so my 1GB allowance a month would be fine? I already use like 600MB a month, didn't wanna tip it over playing poker! Had a skype call yesterday on my mobile internet and used up 350MB in a hour!

Jack
    • TheMoment
      TheMoment
      Bronze
      at least you are lucky on raffles ;o
    • Mikus8
      Mikus8
      Bronze
      Thank you guys, got the answer that I was looking for.
    • GraemeDR
      GraemeDR
      Bronze
      I only have 500MB on my phone contract and I've been using pokerstars app this month, I've not been billed anything extra. Even on my mobile contract it seems to be no problem at all.
    • margaretB
      margaretB
      Basic
      Unlimited.