Hi from the Channel Islands.

• 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi RhysAld,

a warm welcome to the forum! i'm afraid i haven't heard of Channel Islands, where is that? i'm really bad at geography. :f_biggrin: i come from the Philippine islands myself. won't take it against you if you never heard of it :D

so tell us about yourself! how old are you? been playing poker long? how are you doing with the quiz?

smiles,
      wendy
    • pswyatt
      pswyatt
      Bronze
      Hey RhysAld,

Welcome to our forum and community :)

I'm a bit further south from the Channel Islands in Gibraltar.....did visit Jersey though many years ago.

Hope you enjoy your poker with us and good luck! :s_cool:

Darren
    • dallievas
      dallievas
      Bronze
      Hey,
      welcome to our community:) I hope u from those Channel Islands which are situated in English channel ( or as mainlanders call La Manche channel) near french coast.
      Good luck :)
    • RhysAld
      RhysAld
      Bronze
      hi all, thanks for the replys. @ purplefizz yes I know of the Philippine islands. The Channel Islands are in the English channel just below the UK and above northern France.
      A bit about me. Im 20 and have been playing poker for about 4 years now. Never really played online before, but I've decided to start taking it a bit more seriously and oportunities are limited here so online seems to be the best option. Im finding PokerStrategy really useful and am leaning alot about bank roll management as ive always payed by ins and never really needed it before.
      What site are you all using and how are you doing there?

Thanks for a warm welcome!!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ah! :D alright. well i'm glad you are finding the site useful.
      bankroll management is indeed very important! i think online play is a bit tougher than live. what do you think? there's undeniable advantages though such as not having to take bath and dress up! haha (spoken like a degen)

so how is it going so far?
    • RhysAld
      RhysAld
      Bronze
      yes i think it is tougher than live. Mainly because you only really have bets to make reads. Im doing alright though thanks. I'm down a few quid because i just rushed into a couple of tourneys when i first started and didnt win (although i did come close).
      Since then I have been playing very small blinds (1 and 2 cent) and following your website very closely.
      Ive won every hand ive played!!! and have only had to see the river twice!!
      So making a quick come back. Awsome site thanks alot!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ok cool, cool. so where are you playing?