Help Me With A Saying

• IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      Hey,
      i am not a native english speaker but the following saying is in my mind about a friend who has a really tough time right now.
      Is it gramatically correct and understandable to say
      "There´ve been times to dare,
      there´ve been times of share
      and there are times to care"

Times in the past were we went through a lot of things together and shared everything,and now i´ve got to take care of him a bit should be the quintessence.Hope you get my point and can modify the saying so it´s correct.
      Really,really appreciate your help
      thx
  • 4 replies
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      I'm no grammer expert but this is my opinion

the middle sentance doesn't make full sense, it'd be more normal to change "of" to "to".

there´ve been times to share
      and there are times to care"

or you could even say

there´ve been times to share
      and there are times of care"

and I don't know why exactly you can say "of care" and not "of share" but I think in the last sentance care is used as a noun rather than a verb whereas share doesn't change like that

If this is a real friend and not a hypothetical situation I hope he's alright
    • IsaidGearUp
      IsaidGearUp
      Bronze
      thx very much for ur help!
      sadly it´s not hypothetical situation,i wish it would be
    • plebpl
      plebpl
      Bronze
      hey guys, nothing more to add to this but im from england and i thought i would say that the improved version you got is perfectly fine and makes sence :)
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      I'm nine sheets to the wind and from Canada and it mostly made sense. I agree with the brad fellow, change "of" to "to" makes it grammatically correct.

here's the important bit, Good luck with your friend. I know the feeling of reciprocity and being there for someone that's been there for you. It's a sense that you will hopefully never forget.

Once again, Goodluck,

Garet.