Stack
      SB:
      $6.35
      Hero:
      $4.19
      BU:
      $2.88

0.02/0.05 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.106 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A:spade: , K:heart:
      2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, 2 folds, BU calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.20) A:diamond: , Q:club: , J:spade: (4 players)
      SB bets $0.05, BB folds, Hero raises to $0.34, BU folds, SB raises to $6.30 (All-In), Hero calls $3.80 (All-In), SB gets uncalled bet back (All-In).

Turn: ($8.48) 7:diamond:
      River: ($8.48) 3:diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $8.48

Results follow (highlight to see):
      Hero shows (As Kh)
      SB shows two-pair, queens and jacks (Qh Jd)

SB wins with two-pair, queens and jacks (Qh Jd)
  • 3 replies
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Hi, bharatgarg78!

Preflop: What? Why did you limp with AKo?

Postflop Once we turned the hand upside down by limping I can see you'd have a thin value raise there on the flop against his other Ax (like an A9) and pairs+Gutshots (all broadways).

But once he bets small into two players then comes back all in... I'm probably folding unless I've seen him doing that a lot with weak hands. We're just not priced in to bluff catch as we need to be ahead more than 50% of the time to breakeven, let alone to make a profit. I'd have raised flop and, if he raised back, I'd just fold my hand and wait for a better, more profitable spot.

But please... don't limp strong hands. That will cost you quite a lot.

edit: by the way, I'm only now seeing the SB is very passive overall and doesn't seem to raise much. When a passive guy turns into a raging lion, all alarm bells should sound in your head.
    • bharatgarg78
      bharatgarg78
      Bronze
      Thank you Luiz.

I limped with my AK, just for a change from my regular game. I don't limp - but when I sit on table for long, couple of times I limp with strong hands.

And I will follow your advice in further games.
    • luizsilveira
      luizsilveira
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bharatgarg78
      Thank you Luiz.

I limped with my AK, just for a change from my regular game. I don't limp - but when I sit on table for long, couple of times I limp with strong hands.

And I will follow your advice in further games.
      No worries. I used to limp 100% of my range so... :D

And I still remember the first texas hold'em game I played (which was live). I was UTG and while the dealer was dealing I put 1 BB in. The UTG+1 looked at me, quite surprised, and asked: "Aren't you going to look at your cards first?", to which I quickly replied: "I came to play and not to watch." :f_biggrin: