conspiracy theories

• Grastone
      Once again since i cashed out at 2 sites(new member at both,about 1 month ago)i loose every possible and imposible way!!i realy cant understand why at internet poker happen so frequent this, and how it comes every time the same thing....its a punishment for cashing out?it just happens?i am sure that once i deposit about the same amount(summary) i will start to win those 70-30 or 90-10 i continouasly loose for about one month now...
  • 6 replies
    • KozakFB
      Cashing out has a negative impact on our game.

Cashing out has pretty much the same effect as losing, you chase your losses, try to make it back quicker and thus bad play..

I was similar to you...Its a huge problem..I would flop a set, protect against flush, but the flush would hit every time and I called because I just couldn't believe that they could have the flush every single time.
    • GraemeDR
      I find the same thong, after a cash-out I go back to where I should be with regards to BRM and as far as I'm aware play the same game as I did to build my roll before, but often find I lose at least enough to "top the community back up" before I get back to winning ways. It might be subtle differences in the way I play but I can't identify them.

It happens at every site though so I suppose it must be me, not the site. If I genuinely thought it was the site then I wouldn't play there. If you question the integrity of a site in one situation then you shouldn't trust it on any situation.
    • purplefizz
      hey guys,

just moving the discussion from GPD to Small Talk. :)

• datsmahname
      theres two simple explanations for this that have nothing to do with conspiracy.

The first one is that people are most likely to cash out after running well. Whenever you are running well the expected result is that your winrate will regress towards the expected winrate. As a result, people who cash out after running well should expect - in a purely statistical sense - to see a decrease in winrate after they cash out.

The second explination is one I just suspect happens: that cashing out validates your ability as a player and you become mentally lazy.
    • 1984ioc
      Originally posted by antstruk
      /delete thread
      delete thread { }

delete your comment {x}

If you don't like the thread then don't bother wasting your time commenting on it.As you can see he has 12 posts so is probably new enough to poker and has some concerns over certain things.I'm sure alot of us have been there before without understanding variance and what not.Pathetic comment if i may say so.
    • Acssa
      one of the basic things in poker is observation ,isnt it ?and if you can see some patterns and if you think that some cheating is goin on stop playin there (live or online)!for two reasons ..1st cheating is goin on and second is that you think about that so your game cant be good ..take a break and analyze your hands or if you can to find some1 expirenced to do for you (search for things where did YOU go wrong) and after that if you are sure that something is really goin on STOP playin..but if you find out that problem was in your game ,make a plan and get back to the tables ..try to beat them because thats the best way to learn and go forward.
      This is not a first post that i read about this thing.
      I dont agree with datsmahname for 1 reason ,most of the cashing out players are winning players and they highly respect their bankroll so theofore is that he has leave enough ammount of money for the certain level and he doesnt have a reason to chase any losses.

The other thing that datsmahname is talkin about is deeper then that.Why?
      Few years ago if you take your stats from the last six months or even less you could know how many you can earn next month or even to make a plan for higher levels ,can you do that now?I guess most of the winning
      SnG players cant be sure in anything now except that they can loose a money and go down or even loose all bankroll if you are playin lower levels.And why? Variations are now so normal thing and there is no rules.
      Thats why Iv stoped to play game where i was a winning player ..i can and up a month playing lowest level with 100$ or 1500$ ..weird isnt it? I have no secure winnings and im spending a lot of time doesnt knowing how im goin to end that month.Thats why im paranoid and thats why iv decide to stop playing even after 1 weird day i had yesterday.
      Dont be discouraged with my typing ,after all you can swim or you cant ..but if you want to continue you must learn how to.
      ps sorry for my english