$2.72
      CO:
      $2.00
      BU:
      $1.52
      SB (Hero):
      $2.01

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, K.
      3 folds, BU raises to $0.08, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, BU calls $0.16.

Flop: ($0.5) 8, 5, J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.24, BU calls $0.24.

Turn: ($0.98) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $0.47, Hero folds, BU gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.98

Unknown opponent. I decide to resteal because:
      1. Avg BTN's steal range has less equity than KQo
      2. KQ blocks KK, QQ, AK, AQ in his range
      On the flop I cbet 1/2 pot because the board is not drawy and if he didn't hit he folds almost the same %% as he folds to 3/4 pot cbet (does he?). Maybe I should cbet the turn too like "hey look, I have a Jack here, fold your PP or AQ/AK"?
  • 2 replies
    • denetomtom
      denetomtom
      Bronze
      Hey Slipkn6t,

"Unknown opponent. I decide to resteal because:
      1. Avg BTN's steal range has less equity than Kqo"

Mmm not sure about this if BTN steal range is say 40% then against your KQ it’s a coin flip

"2. KQ blocks KK, QQ, AK, AQ in his range"

Ok on the range I used you basically his range has 500 combos, your KQ only removes around 60 of them.

"On the flop I cbet 1/2 pot because the board is not drawy and if he didn't hit he folds almost the same %% as he folds to 3/4 pot cbet (does he?). Maybe I should cbet the turn too like "hey look, I have a Jack here, fold your PP or AQ/AK"? "

You have 2 of 1 suit on board so I would say it is a drawy board and not suitable for a cbet but that’s me. If you are going to cbet bluff you need to make your bet bigger possible 2/3 perhaps 35 to 40. Half bet on flop is inviting him in the pot.

As regards betting the turn I would not because it do not look like he would fold his TP or FD.

Good to know what others think though.

Regards DT
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello slipkn6t,

Not a huge fan of such a play postflop, you are CBetting so small & then even Check/Folding the turn. Pretty obvious that he could even float with any hands he called preflop while seeing weakness. Really exploitable play, rather Check/Fold right on flop. ;)

Best Regards.