[NL2-NL10] NL10 straight on a paired board with possible flush

• mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Bronze
      i have only played 4 hands against him so he is unknown.
      i am only beating a bluff when he raises the river so i should fold right?
      should i just check/call the river or is it okay to bet/fold the river

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

BB: $2.85
      UTG: $5.04
      BTN: $7.94
      Hero (SB): $12.93

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has 9:club: J:diamond:

fold, BTN calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.40, fold, BTN calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.90, 2 players) Q:heart: T:club: 4:club:
      Hero bets $0.43, BTN calls $0.43

Turn: ($1.76, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.84, BTN calls $0.84

River: ($3.44, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero bets $1.63, BTN raises to $6.12, Hero calls $4.49

BTN shows K:heart: Q:spade: (Full House, Kings full of Queens) (PreFlop 65%, Flop 68%, Turn 9%)
      Hero mucks 9:club: J:diamond: (Straight, King High) (PreFlop 35%, Flop 32%, Turn 91%)
      BTN wins $14.90
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello mkjmkjmkj,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Preflop: Why do you isolate here while having a shorty & a loose opponent in the hand?

As played
      Postflop: Why do you make so small bets on the flop & turn? What you want to achieve with it? Strongly recommend reading articles about bet sizes. But as played the river is easy Bet/Fold, what do you beat there while any flush/FH beats you. :)

Best Regards.
    • mkjmkjmkj
      mkjmkjmkj
      Bronze
      preflop i geuss J9 is a litle bit loose to raise with here if thats what you mean?

i know my betsizing on the turn should be bigger i do not normally bet so small in that sitiuation

i do not think most people put so much into the betsize on the flop so i dont think i often get more folds by betting bigger so if ge calls i see the turn somewhat cheaply is it a totally wrong betsize on the flop?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      preflop i geuss J9 is a litle bit loose to raise with here if thats what you mean?

Doubt that you have such a huge edge on the opponent as long I see your play postflop.

i do not think most people put so much into the betsize on the flop so i dont think i often get more folds by betting bigger so if ge calls i see the turn somewhat cheaply is it a totally wrong betsize on the flop?

Don't even want to comment such a attitude cause it's how makes you lose a lot money. ;)