[NL2-NL10] NL2 - Both players start with A9 suited. Result: Split Pot, two pair Aces & Queens each.

• WpgJets
      WpgJets
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP: $0.98
      MP+1: $1.65
      LP: $1.95
      CO: $2.00
      Hero (BTN): $1.91
      SB: $2.77
      BB: $0.60
      UTG: $4.82
      UTG+1: $2.00

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has A:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.08, SB calls $0.07, fold

Flop: ($0.18, 2 players) 6:spade: A:heart: Q:spade:
      SB bets $0.13, Hero raises to $0.34, SB calls $0.21

Turn: ($0.86, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      SB bets $0.61, Hero calls $0.61

River: ($2.08, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      SB bets $1.74 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.88 and is all-in

SB shows A:club: 9:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 50%, Flop 50%, Turn 50%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: 9:diamond: (Two Pair, Aces and Queens) (Pre 50%, Flop 50%, Turn 50%)
      Hero wins $1.82
      SB wins $1.83

----------------------

This hand resulted in a split pot. The only winner was the house.

I raised pre-flop (according to the BSS), and reraised his raise on the flop. I assumed that his raise on the flop was a standard C-bet, which might or might not indicate that he had a made hand, however I didn't have any stats to back that up. I'm pretty confident that I did this all correctly. I called his raise on the turn. I figured him for a pocket Ace at this point, with an unknown kicker.

I called his all-in raise with my remaining stack on the River. At this point I figured that he might have a higher kicker and that I might be the underdog. Based on the size of his bets though, I didn't figure him for better than a pair of Aces, so I took a chance.

I'm wondering if I should have either gone all-in on the turn, or folded on the turn, rather than just calling; or having just called on the Turn if I should have folded to his all-in raise on the River?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello WpgJets,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

Add to full stack, party poker has auto add-on.

About the play I don't really like the raise on the flop. You are practically just forcing a lot worse hands to fold and better ones continue. Totally overplayed your hand here while not even having the best kicker. :) Most likely I'd fold it on the turn but before that I would just Call the flop and reevaluate further actions.

Best Regards.