UTG: £8.45
      MP: £10.75
      CO: £10.61
      BTN: £11.52
      Hero (SB): £12.15
      BB: £3.40

Hero posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.15) Hero has 7 :heart: 7 :spade:

UTG raises to £0.30, MP calls £0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls £0.25, BB calls £0.20

Flop: (£1.20, 4 players) T :diamond: J :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets £3.10, fold, fold, Hero????????

Considering his stack size, is a call here ok with the board pairing in mind in case he's flopped the joint? Obviously it's an unraised pot and I know the rule but, damn!, this is tough flop! What do ou guys think?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Gold
      When you have a set and you're up against a straight or a flush you have about 35% equity on the flop and 22% equity on the turn. Common situation I think you can memorize it.

Everyone is out and its just you and him and he's all in. Equity needed here is about 42% so I think you can fold.

If we see this from another perspective, he could have amade flush and wants to protect it against so many opponents, he could also have a set and wants to protect it against other draws. I don't think he would have a made straight here and shove but he could have a combo draw with a nut flush+straight draw. But I think most times here he would have a low flush that he wants to protect from other overcards trying to draw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Bet flop or either Check/Raise! But as played ship it, he could have a lot worse hands there starting from just pair.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Bet flop or either Check/Raise! But as played ship it, he could have a lot worse hands there starting from just pair.

Best Regards.
      Yeh I snapped him off! He had K9 with the king of diamonds and caught a diamond on the river. Another desperate short-stacker gets lucky!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Best Regards.
      Yeh I snapped him off! He had K9 with the king of diamonds and caught a diamond on the river. Another desperate short-stacker gets lucky!
      Auch. :(