This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] nl10 Flopped Set on Super-Wet Board vs Shortie

• Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      iPoker - £0.10 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

UTG: £8.45
      MP: £10.75
      CO: £10.61
      BTN: £11.52
      Hero (SB): £12.15
      BB: £3.40

Hero posts SB £0.05, BB posts BB £0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: £0.15) Hero has 7 :heart: 7 :spade:

UTG raises to £0.30, MP calls £0.30, fold, fold, Hero calls £0.25, BB calls £0.20

Flop: (£1.20, 4 players) T :diamond: J :diamond: 7 :diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets £3.10, fold, fold, Hero????????

Considering his stack size, is a call here ok with the board pairing in mind in case he's flopped the joint? Obviously it's an unraised pot and I know the rule but, damn!, this is tough flop! What do ou guys think?

Thanks
  • 4 replies
    • maheepsangari
      maheepsangari
      Bronze
      When you have a set and you're up against a straight or a flush you have about 35% equity on the flop and 22% equity on the turn. Common situation I think you can memorize it.

Everyone is out and its just you and him and he's all in. Equity needed here is about 42% so I think you can fold.

If we see this from another perspective, he could have amade flush and wants to protect it against so many opponents, he could also have a set and wants to protect it against other draws. I don't think he would have a made straight here and shove but he could have a combo draw with a nut flush+straight draw. But I think most times here he would have a low flush that he wants to protect from other overcards trying to draw.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Ghartman,

Bet flop or either Check/Raise! But as played ship it, he could have a lot worse hands there starting from just pair.

Best Regards.
    • Ghartman
      Ghartman
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Bet flop or either Check/Raise! But as played ship it, he could have a lot worse hands there starting from just pair.

Best Regards.
      Yeh I snapped him off! He had K9 with the king of diamonds and caught a diamond on the river. Another desperate short-stacker gets lucky!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Ghartman
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Ghartman,

Best Regards.
      Yeh I snapped him off! He had K9 with the king of diamonds and caught a diamond on the river. Another desperate short-stacker gets lucky!
      Auch. :(