Moving to London

    • Gusano21
      Gusano21
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2009 Posts: 3,294
      Hi guys

      I'm Dani, a Spanish player who lives actually in Gibraltar. Next week im moving to London. Probly a lot of players here are from there. Then, can you give me your opinion about what place of London is better for me?

      I'm 20 years old. I would like a place with young people, party, near the center and with good conexions.

      Some people told me that the east is cool, like Old Street, Angel, Shoreditch, Whitechapel and this zone.


      What's your opinion?



      Thanks a lot and sorry about my English, probly not very good.
  • 11 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,759
      Can't help you myself :(

      London can be an expensive place to live, have you got a rough budget?
    • rent90
      rent90
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.05.2010 Posts: 150
      The best night clubs are around Regent Street area (i.e. Movida, Mahiki, Maddox, you have to do bottle service though)

      I would recommend to get a place near east side of Hyde park, it's the best area and near to the city otherwise kensington and chelsea are pretty nice.
    • Gusano21
      Gusano21
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2009 Posts: 3,294
      Originally posted by MattDenness
      Can't help you myself :(

      London can be an expensive place to live, have you got a rough budget?
      I am SNE in Pokerstars and actually i play NL400-NL1k. It's not a very rough budget but is enough. I want to find some cool place but not very expensive. 1200 Pounds/month maximum prox.



      Originally posted by rent90
      The best night clubs are around Regent Street area (i.e. Movida, Mahiki, Maddox, you have to do bottle service though)

      I would recommend to get a place near east side of Hyde park, it's the best area and near to the city otherwise kensington and chelsea are pretty nice.


      Thanks :)
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Joined: 03.12.2010 Posts: 3,759
      You may wish to change your Thread Title too, as people may just skip over it with the current one.

      I have found Two threads which may help you though :)

      Moving to London
      Living in UK

      Best of luck finding something! :D
    • Gusano21
      Gusano21
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2009 Posts: 3,294
      OK, nice idea!

      UP!
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      Joined: 11.05.2008 Posts: 230
      Hi Gusano21,

      I could easily give you a few ideas, however you would need to write a bit more about what you are going to do here - I mean the main reason: study, work or just living and using the city, etc.

      I'm living in London for about 10 years and I was living in various parts of the city. I also shared house with Spaniards at some point - know lots of swearing ...

      If you feel like you can contact me.

      GL
    • Gusano21
      Gusano21
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2009 Posts: 3,294
      I have sent you a private message. Ty eudodo
    • Skraggy
      Skraggy
      Bronze
      Joined: 21.09.2008 Posts: 197
      Hi Gusano

      I too live in London - and I work down old street so know exactly the places you're talking about :-)

      As for your budget - if you're looking at living alone you might be able to get a 1 bedroom flat in one of those areas. I know when I was looking about 6 months ago a studio apartment on old street was a little over £800 p/m

      I can recommend a few online portals that will provide helpful, but just remember that renting in London is insanely fast in terms of people snapping up a flat for rent(I once looked at a flat, looked at two more and rang the agent back about the first one and it was already taken on the same afternoon!)

      Skraggy
    • Gusano21
      Gusano21
      Bronze
      Joined: 23.06.2009 Posts: 3,294
      Hi Skraggy,

      Thanks for your help. I'm searching some like that, a studio apartment for 800-1100 pounds/month.

      I will arrive to London this Friday, and i will stay at the Premier Inn London City in Old Street for three nights, till Monday. I hope to have a place to live as soon as possible. It's nice if renting is fast :D

      I was searching in http://www.gumtree.com and in http://www.rightmove.co.uk. If there is another interesting web it would be cool if you tell me :)


      Thanks a lot
    • Svarthjalmar
      Svarthjalmar
      Bronze
      Joined: 14.05.2010 Posts: 27
      Expect a lot of paperwork. It took me a week to get the lease after applying when I moved to London. The English are crazy when it comes to paperwork. :f_eek:

      Have fun there though. It's a fantastic city, IMO.
    • ExternalUseOnly
      ExternalUseOnly
      Bronze
      Joined: 30.01.2010 Posts: 3,373
      Originally posted by Gusano21
      Hi Skraggy,

      Thanks for your help. I'm searching some like that, a studio apartment for 800-1100 pounds/month.

      I will arrive to London this Friday, and i will stay at the Premier Inn London City in Old Street for three nights, till Monday. I hope to have a place to live as soon as possible. It's nice if renting is fast :D

      I was searching in http://www.gumtree.com and in http://www.rightmove.co.uk. If there is another interesting web it would be cool if you tell me :)


      Thanks a lot
      Haven't read the full thread yet so this might have already been said but there is also http://www.findaproperty.com

      Have fun :)