Ace in the hole

• 7 replies
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hola elquimico,

a warm welcome to the english community! while you are around here, you will need to speak in english though so we can understand :) . if you prefer to interact in another language, you can switch between communities by going to the drop down menu at the top right of the page.

smiles,
      wendy

ps ive moved the thread to where it is more appropriate.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey elqeuimico,

I see you have posted in English before over here, have you got a little lost? :D

I believe the phrase "Ace in the hole" refers to having an Ace as one of your cards.
    • elquimico
      elquimico
      Bronze
      Thanks...

I like to post sometimes here because I use to read in english and when I ask some definitions in the spanish comunity they don'l answer me because I can't translate concepts like "Ace in the hole". I cant't traslate that in spanish, if I translate it sould be as I say to you "Ace in the pit" I mean. Literarily it doesn't mean anytithing in spanish. In fact I ask the same question in spanish comunity and nobody answer me :f_cry: . Many times you enlgish speaker use words or concepts hard to translate, so we use it using the word in english anyway.

For example... the word Calling Station for a kind of player doesn't have right transaltion so we say Calling station too.

Other examples is the word Tells, we sometimes say Pistas (like clues) but most of the players prefer to say Tells like you.

@purplefizz Thaks I just made copy-paste from my post on the Spanish comunity, I write in english all next times.

MattDenness I'm not lost :) , I typed my question here because sometimes this kind of questions in spanish comunuty they can's answerme.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh i see! no problemo. you are welcome to drop by and ask questions anytime :)
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      ok
      what's the question? :D
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by slipkn6t
      ok
      what's the question? :D
      :D i think he was asking what the term "Ace in the hole" meant