[NL20-NL50] sh 25 AQo play OOP vs UTG

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (SB): $25.41 (101.6 bb)
      BB: $25.78 (103.1 bb)
      MP: $38.86 (155.4 bb)
      CO: $28.12 (112.5 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      MP raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.50, BB folds, MP calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.25) 2 J 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.50, MP calls $3.50

Turn: ($12.25) 9 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $6.25, Hero folds

Results: $12.25 pot ($0.55 rake)
      Final Board: 2 J 3 9
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$6 net)
      MP mucked and won $11.70 ($5.70 net)

Villain 24/18, 13% 3bet, F3bet 0/2, Agg freq 35/23/25, Fold 2 cbet: 50 -flop, 33 flop 3bet, 100 turn.

I put him on a range preflop for calling : {AA,JJ-77,AQs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s} = 72 combos

On the flop it is reduced to 65 hands of which 35 I see as not folding:
      {AA, TT, JdJh, JdJc, JhJc, 9d9h, 9d9s, 9d9c, AhQh, KhQh, AdJd, AhJh, AcJc, KdJd, KhJh, KcJc, QdJd, QhJh, QcJc, AhTh, JdTd, JhTh, JcTc, Th9h, 9h8h}

Q: Should I expect him to raise his flush draws, pair + flush draws on the flop? If I was in his place should I raise my draws? I would make my opponent fold his air and get it in with 40-50% equity. I guess it depends on my opponent's 2 barreling frequencies? If I would have an opponent that is giving up a lot on the turn it would make sense to bet when he checks the turn instead of raising the flop?

On the turn I don't think a barrel is good and I don't like the idea of firing both turn and river given that my opponent might raise some draws on the turn and I have no equity and his range for continuing the flop should be quite strong.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

I like your flop c-bet and I would also c/r that turn. You have enough heart turns where to barrel and also you can use K as scare card or barrel with Q and A cards for value (or I think taking c/rai on the turn should also be fine).
      If you think player is floating too often postflop you can barrel, although 9 and T is not really the good cards for that and I would rather balance my c/f raneg with c/rai on the turn with AJ+

About your questions:
      Should I expect him to raise his flush draws, pair + flush draws on the flop?
      -I think he would get all-in pair+draws and combo draws, also K and A high flushdraws

If I was in his place should I raise my draws?
      - yes, beside air you´re making also fold him marginal hands like 66/88

I guess it depends on my opponent's 2 barreling frequencies? If I would have an opponent that is giving up a lot on the turn it would make sense to bet when he checks the turn instead of raising the flop?
      - to me rather it depends on your equity. You´re not also that much favor against overcards and he can always use his air to bluff on scare cards, so by raising flop:
      - you don´t give him chance catching up hand that he would not going to fold
      - don´t get bluffed by scare cards

best regards,