BB: $5.90
      Hero (UTG): $10.00
      MP: $10.00
      CO: $10.15
      BTN: $19.06
      SB: $7.46

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with A :club: A :spade:
      Hero raises to $0.30, 3 folds, SB calls $0.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.70) 7 :club: 7 :spade: 5 :club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.67, Hero calls $0.67

Turn: ($2.04) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $1, Hero calls $1

River: ($4.04) J :heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $3, Hero calls $3

SB 39/21 3b: 0 over 93 hands

1. Call it down ? Or should I reraise his donkbet on the flop and get it in ?
  • 4 replies
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      Have you seen him donkbet before? If so, what did he hold, assuming it went to showdown? The best thing to do is to have another look at his stats. Although you don't have big sample, you should be able to see how aggressive he is Post Flop and also how often he shows down a winning hand.

He might have a 7 and I think raising is the fastest way to find out... (however if he fires back at you, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's holding a 7. I've seen strange things happen in the micros. Some LAGs believe 99 is good enough to bet each street or get it all in on the Flop, as long as they have an over pair.) Also, most players, even the bad ones like check/raising in this spot with a 7. The same holds true for pocket fives, although playing like he did also fits having pocket fives.

It's a difficult fold, but folding only really becomes a consideration after he fires back at your raise on the Flop. But after calling the flop, your only options are calling the Turn and the River. A re-raise on the Turn or River would've been too expensive.
    • qMantas
      qMantas
      Bronze
      I didn't seen him donkbetining... And I didn't have any reads on him. I call it down and he shows me JJ.. And hits his two outer on the river.
    • MrJohnAce
      MrJohnAce
      Bronze
      Originally posted by qMantas
      I call it down and he shows me JJ..
      That's exactly what I meant with:
      (however if he fires back at you, it doesn't necessarily mean that he's holding a 7. I've seen strange things happen in the micros. Some LAGs believe 99 is good enough to bet each street or get it all in on the Flop, as long as they have an over pair.)
      It usually starts with a donkbet on the Flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello qMantas,

He has a lot of draws and of course even worse PPs in his range there. He doesn't seem to be a good player so I would just raise it right on the flop and play for the stacks. :)

Best Regards.