UTG+1: $2.11
      MP: $2.00
      Hero (MP+1): $2.15
      CO: $1.45

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero has 8:spade: 8:heart:

fold, fold, MP raises to $0.06, Hero calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.15, 2 players) 8:diamond: J:diamond: 3:spade:
      MP bets $0.12, Hero raises to $0.32, MP raises to $1.94 and is all-in, Hero calls $1.62 ???

Hello,

I was busy looking at another table, after I see I've the most likely best sets I kinda snap called his raise. Do I make a huge mistakes here? I forgot he open-raise preflop, so I excluded JJ from his range during this hand. Two-pairs are unlikely, so the most likely possible scenario is 33, JJ, or maybe over-pairs. If we exclude over-pairs it's basically only a coin-flip here. So I wonder if it's a mistake here.

Thanks,
      cpers
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello cpers,

What's the purpose of raising so small? What's the purpose at first place when you raise? :) Do you want to turn your hand into bluff?

Best Regards.
    • cpers
      cpers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      What's the purpose of raising so small? What's the purpose at first place when you raise? :) Do you want to turn your hand into bluff?
      You mean about my raise size? It's just a mistyping or miscalculation. Of course I raise for value, and ready to ship. It's just his sudden shoves kinda shocked me since two-pairs are unlikely.

PS: I lost to JJ here, I felt so stupid since I excluded JJ from his range :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Yes, raise it bigger and we are never folding this. :)