SH all in preflop range?

• xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      I've recently moved to sh cash games and the allin pre flop ranges here are pretty loose so i wanted to know what are the ranges for nl 2/5 and 5/10
      because it seems the higher the limit the looser the allin preflop range.
      I've seen a lot of people at the higher limits go allin with 10s+ and AQs+
      so hmm any suggestions?
  • 6 replies
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xoshix33
      I've recently moved to sh cash games and the allin pre flop ranges here are pretty loose so i wanted to know what are the ranges for nl 2/5 and 5/10
      because it seems the higher the limit the looser the allin preflop range.
      I've seen a lot of people at the higher limits go allin with 10s+ and AQs+
      so hmm any suggestions?
      Always villain dependant... You can safely stack off with QQ+ & AK. I wouldn't stack off any lighter without reads, especially against regs.
    • xoshix33
      xoshix33
      Bronze
      so QQ+ AK+ is a 100% all in unless i have a very special read about an opennent going all in with like kk+?
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xoshix33
      so QQ+ AK+ is a 100% all in unless i have a very special read about an opennent going all in with like kk+?
      For me yes... I haven't yet come across a player at nl5\10 SH that I wouldn't ship this range against. I do have notes on some players to say I can ship much lighter.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I play NL10 & don't have an All in Range as you guys describe. It is very dependant upon the opponents and their stacks.

I'm not getting it in with QQ against a Tight 100bb stack, nor AK. with AK you're going to be flipping at best, unless you think he has AJ/AQ?

Against a short stack I may get it in with AK as he could be pushing with some worse Ax.

My best advice is to just play Tight until you learn how SH differs from FR.

You could always watch TwiceT's move it, move it up to the sky where is plays SH NL10.
    • BObamaJr
      BObamaJr
      Bronze
      Thank you for the great video suggestion!
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Hi BObamaJr,

Remember that poker is villain dependent. That's why if you ask me your question my answer will be "it depends".

The reason why you see "light" shoves on higher stakes is that the overall game is more aggressive especially preflop. Basically there is more 3B and people are 4B more too (for value and for bluff) and eventually people will 5B more. I guess on your limits people are not 4B too light and they are probably right because people are not 3B that much.

As you can see the whole dynamic is different and when someone is putting 20bb in the pot enough times as a bluff it becomes profitable to shove a bit light. Of course all this is backed up with maths. Basically the times we are called and behind is compensated by the times our opponent folds and we win the 20bb.

To come back to your game you have to define the 4B range of villain and from there define your shoving range.
      As an example if villain has a 4B range of 1% (i.e KK+) you certainly don't want to shove QQ, AK or KK because you are behind his range.
      Also remember that you need a big sample on those stats to be accurate (i.e if someone hasn't 4B yet in 100 hands it doesn't mean that he 4B only AA).

Hope that helps.