This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

trips & over pairs

• lulupops
      lulupops
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

I play nl10-25 but mainly nl10

I was wondering what your thoughts or strategies were on playing overpairs when facing what you think would be 2 pair or mainly sets? (low un-connected boards when a player gets aggro)

I cant seem to fold my aa or kk. is it better to just trust kk aa will hold enough to be profitable or should i be folding these spots sometimes

Any feedback or discussion would be great as this is a spot i have been sticking on!

xx
  • 2 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hi lulupops,

Just noting that I've moved your thread to it's dedicated area. You will most likely achieve a better response here :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      It always depends on the range of the player. If you can reduce it to 100% 2pair or sets, then its a check/fold, unless you hold a great draw to go with your overpair. If he has other 1pair type hands in his range, work out your equity and evaluate accordingly.