How to improve pos-flop game?

• Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      Hi, Im a STT player. Last days I was thinking about my pos flop game and i felt that pos flop game is my weakness. So... what's the best way to improve it?

Should I play some cash games, or HU games?

I play on stars, $15 STT.

Cheers guys :f_biggrin:
  • 8 replies
    • BanMartins
      BanMartins
      Silver
      IMO, you need re-think how you are playing STT, since its much more a game of PreFlop than flop.
    • Buhas
      Buhas
      Bronze
      yess i now mate.. but I want to improve my pos flop game in early stages to play more hands on pos flop on early stages, and improve my HU game... I know what is a STT... Come on...
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      IMO tourneys are good way too. Cash games have so many nits and tags. In tourney people are forced to play medium hands and post flop time to time because of blind lvls. Also read post flop articles or vids..
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Playing STTs will always be the best way of increasing your skills at an STT, having said that the early stage seems to play much more like a full ring cash game than anything else, so id guess a ton of skills you learn there would be transferrable.
    • RovarTry
      RovarTry
      Bronze
      For me, the best thing was really listening to videos and coaching. Putting opponents on ranges, why they bet as much as they do, what kind of players are they... It helps, if you press pause button in video and try to explain what is going to happen, before coach does... Now i'm doing this even when i play - imagining what would coach say in particular situation...

I hope it helps.
    • kolonel71
      kolonel71
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RovarTry
      For me, the best thing was really listening to videos and coaching. Putting opponents on ranges, why they bet as much as they do, what kind of players are they... It helps, if you press pause button in video and try to explain what is going to happen, before coach does... Now i'm doing this even when i play - imagining what would coach say in particular situation...

I hope it helps.

^^^^^ This
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      I was playing STTs a year ago. I had the same problem. I was like "Hmm i am here with top pair, what i have to do now ?". I believe that if you play some thousands hands in cash games, your postflop skills would improve a lot.
    • MilanBurdych
      MilanBurdych
      Bronze
      Play anything deeper and paly and play and discuss the lines with friends...