888 FR Cash?

• PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      Hi all

Usually lurk through these forums but got a question about micro stakes on 888.

I've been grinding NL2 after depositing and starting to feel ready to move up a limit when my bankroll allows me.

Problem is there are minimal FR tables at NL4 and 6 until you get to NL10. Are there more tables at certain times of the day at these limits or do I have to start practising my SH game?

Thanks! :)
  • 16 replies
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi PhatMoari,
      Cool name btw.
      I also play @ 888 FR Micro 1c/2c.
      My problem is the same as yours.The 2c/4c tables I have seen open in the last 6 months have been 1 Fullring with 5 players at it.
      The 3c/6c Fullring are regularly 3 maybe 4 full tables, and about 1/3 regs at all of them.
      The steps at 888 are difficult because of it.
      The 5c/10c are wide open ,usually 15+ tables...
      So you probably know all this so what do we do????????????
      My goal is to skip 3c/6c all together.
      Because the field is so slim and I like to 4 table .
      With a regular field of only 3 or 4 tables it seem's unappealing to me due to limited choice of which seat to jump into and who is to your left and right.
      I play MSS so a 5c/10c buy-in is only $4.00. My BR=$107 at the moment so I have 26x Buy-ins for 5c/10c.
      I have played 17K hands at 1c/2c and gone from $56 to $107 with this strategy.
      I'll do 3K more hands at 1c/2c before stepping straight to 5c/10c.
      I think at this site the 5c/10c field is pretty fishy due to the step gap we are both seeing and respecting before making the step.
      At least the field is big at 5c/10c and seat+table selection appears roughly the same as 1c/2c.
      Hope this helps you out because you are not alone.
      Let me know what you think and what you plan to do.
      Also your progress and experience I am curious of as this will also shape your decisions and how people view them.
      Cheers Mate
      Simon
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Hi guys!

I also play at 888 the micro's. I grinded NL2 for a while and now I moved up to NL6. I know there aren't a lot of tables but I do recommend try to find some NL6 tables.
      Just get on waiting lists and wait for a while. It's very fishy there and very easy to make a profit. Just give it a go!
      I don't know how big of difference there is between NL6 and NL10 but I wouldn't skip NL6 tbh.
      It's all up to you in the end.

Regards
      RasTweet
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

I think I may go to NL6 when I'm ready and maybe just mix a table in with NL2. Either that or a start playing low buyin SNG as I used to be a SNG player but cash suits my life better now and there isn't much trafic in the SNGs!

Deposited $10 which got doubled to $20 and so far at a roll of $43 over 3k hands at 39BB/100 so will hopefully keep that up so I can play higher stakes. Think I may have to skip NL4 since there are pretty much no tables.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhatMaori
      Think I may have to skip NL4 since there are pretty much no tables.
      I skipped NL4 as well. Doesn't really matter that much. It's nice when I don't find a 4th table to open an NL4 table.

Good luck and probably see you at the tables!

Regards
      RasTweet
    • xLadyFx
      xLadyFx
      Bronze
      Same here. I went from NL2 straight to NL10, where I play MSS 4$ buying.

Easy beatable, but the problem is, while there are more tables, they're mostly filled with 3 to 6 regs. And the good tables have a long waiting list. By then, the fish(es) are broke and left. X(

It's really a hassle playing there it seems.

And going up doesn't seem much better. NL 20 has mostly only 3 rooms full ring.

Full ring quite sucks there. Dunno what to do, i'm thinking bout switching rooms, but where? Or switch to 6 max, but I dont like it at all.

X(
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by xLadyFx

Easy beatable, but the problem is, while there are more tables, they're mostly filled with 3 to 6 regs. And the good tables have a long waiting list. By then, the fish(es) are broke and left. X(

Full ring quite sucks there. Dunno what to do, i'm thinking bout switching rooms, but where? Or switch to 6 max, but I dont like it at all.

X(
      Go to NL6 FR. I always find 4 fishy tables!

Yesterday was the first day I didn't find 4 fishy tables...

EDIT: moving rooms wont really help I think. 888 is the most fishy room around.
    • xLadyFx
      xLadyFx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RasTweet
      Originally posted by xLadyFx

X(
      Go to NL6 FR. I always find 4 fishy tables!

Yesterday was the first day I didn't find 4 fishy tables...

EDIT: moving rooms wont really help I think. 888 is the most fishy room around.
      Yeah, ok, but i'm close to moving up to NL 20, when my roll is good. But there aren't many rooms. I want to upgrade, not downgrade. :D
    • martijnde666
      martijnde666
      Bronze
      Swittch to SH :)

1> the traffic gets worser when you reach 20NL or 30NL :)
      2> more fish on SH
      3> At the higher stakes there is almost no FR play
    • xLadyFx
      xLadyFx
      Bronze
      Originally posted by martijnde666
      Swittch to SH :)

1> the traffic gets worser when you reach 20NL or 30NL :)
      2> more fish on SH
      3> At the higher stakes there is almost no FR play
      I tried, but I dont like it. It gets me tilty.
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      I just recently switched to SH and wow, the field is even weaker at NL4 SH than NL2 FR. Had a good run over the past few sessions. Had some shit sessions to start with as I was adjusting to SH play.

Watched the SH vids on here and I'm starting to do all right. It's definitely helping my postflop game too.
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by PhatMaori
      I just recently switched to SH and wow, the field is even weaker at NL4 SH than NL2 FR. Had a good run over the past few sessions. Had some shit sessions to start with as I was adjusting to SH play.

Watched the SH vids on here and I'm starting to do all right. It's definitely helping my postflop game too.
      +1

I started the day before yesterday. I also noticed the field is Very weak! And I think SH isn't that bad. Just have to get used to it.
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Hi Everyone,
      Good to see the 888 FR Cash blog still going.
      The steps so suck there for FR players.
      Should I become a SH player now to ease the pain of possibly having to switch later due to lack of FR tables at higher limits.?
      I have 20K hands at FR NL2 @888 and 0 hands SH.
      FR suits me to 3 or 4 table due to time to write notes and watch replays between hands.
      SH would drop my tables to 2 I reackon,with time to continue my notes/replays.
      As I'm determined to steadily climb the limits as my BR allows I need to think to the farrrr future.
      Have any of you switched lately from FR to SH at 888 and done a large volume, say 25K hands?
      How was it?
      Peace
      Simon
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      I've changed from 4 tables FR to 2 tables SH until it becomes easier. I have to say making reads SH is much easier and you get a lot of limpers which is mint!
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks PhatMaori,
      I'm going to play a SH experiment to see how I go and how it feels RE: speed of game, ability to take notes,see replays.
      I'll use the Short-handed Openraising Chart as my guide to begin with.
      Also I'll read up all I can here and see some videos.
      I have a $40 PS.com welcome roll @ Everest.
      I'll play with this and see how it goes for say 5K hands.
      If all goes well I'll switch over to 888 and were I've got 57x $2 BI's for NL2 SH.
      Keep it up.
      Peace
      Simon
    • PhatMaori
      PhatMaori
      Bronze
      Originally posted by surfwell1818
      Thanks PhatMaori,
      I'm going to play a SH experiment to see how I go and how it feels RE: speed of game, ability to take notes,see replays.
      I'll use the Short-handed Openraising Chart as my guide to begin with.
      Also I'll read up all I can here and see some videos.
      I have a $40 PS.com welcome roll @ Everest.
      I'll play with this and see how it goes for say 5K hands.
      If all goes well I'll switch over to 888 and were I've got 57x $2 BI's for NL2 SH.
      Keep it up.
      Peace
      Simon
      SH Videos!

The bottom 2 videos here by hasenbraten helped me heaps :)
    • surfwell1818
      surfwell1818
      Bronze
      Thanks for the heads up.
      I'll check em both.
      Spent today reading more BSS articles and hand samples of sh game.
      Watched 2 videos also....then off to play at Everst Poker...
      A total waste of time due to Everst Poker buggie software.
      Don't know why but it always freezes on me.
      2 tables open a few note windows then FREEZE..Typical of my previous Everest experiences...SO...
      Played at Titan Poker,I've got $122.26 sleeping there.
      I played 2 tables at a time SH 6MAX NL2.
      So the session ended as 5 tables NL2 SH played for 345 hands and +$2.69 Woop Woop.
      Could have been a bit higher but I got a bit spewy and over played TP K kicker into same TP A kicker.
      It was fun, got to take notes and see replays at 2 tables at a time.
      The hands really tally up quick at SH
      The one thing i really did enjoy was the quick orbits actually.
      Going from UTG to say CO or BTN was fast.
      Probably sounds weird but it's heaps faster then FR 9Max.
      So I'll play a 5K sample at Titan and see how I go.
      My Titan account is not tracked by Pokerstrategy.com(spewing) so I will probably loose my current silver status by next month, but, if all goes well I'll jump back into 888 (tracked) and grind up my $115 there 6max.
      Cheers Mate
      Simon