$2.92
      MP3:
      $2
      CO:
      $0.86
      BU:
      $1

0.01/0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8:spade: , 7:diamond:
      6 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.16) A:heart: , T:heart: , 2:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

Turn: ($0.16) 4:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks.

River: ($0.16) 2:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.08, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $0.24

1)i think my move to try to steal the bb isnt so smart with 78o.

ty
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello MeAmor22,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Depends a lot on the opponent, if he is folding enough then it's fine but if he is loose then rather fold the hand. :) But otherwise if you are stealing then do you think it's a great idea to give up directly on flop? What about his fold to CB?

Best Regards.
    • slipkn6t
      slipkn6t
      Bronze
      When you steal with 4bb from SB you risk 3.5bb to get a reward of 5bb.
      I'm not a mathematitian and I don't know how to exactly calculate fold equity for such spots, but I do it like this:
      100 / 5 x 3.5 = 70
      So you need at least 71% fold equity here to make immediate profit without continuing postflop. You can add some %% (maybe 1% :coolface: ) to his fold BB to steal from SB stat because you give him worse price to call then average SB gives with his 3bb steal. So he is less likely to call your 4bb steal then 2bb steal - that's obvious. 4bb steal looks more like a raise for value. veriz, please correct me.

Steal with 2.5bb from SB ($0.05 for nl2) - this way you need at least 58% fold equity. 58% fold BB to steal from BB, not 58% overall fold to steal. Also subtract some %% from his fold bb to steal stat because you give him a better price to call then an average SB gives him => he is more likely to call vs you then vs average 3bb stealer.

Post stats on the opponent, we don't even know if he is a 6/5/1 nit or 70/55/25 aggromonkey with -50bb/100 winrate. Of course you don't want to steal BB from such 70/55 guy. He is the king of the table, don't bluff vs him, he pays you for that.

If he is loose preflop cbet this flop 3/4 pot, represent the ace. Don't be afraid of AJ+, he rarely calls with such hands, he 3bets them preflop (again we need more stats on opponent here). But I don't know what to do on turn if he calls :facepalm: veriz, maybe cbet once more?

Always have 100bb+ stack when playing BSS. You do believe that you have positive EV on this table, that's why you are playing it - that's obvious. The bigger your stack, the bigger average effective stack, the bigger your implied odds when stealing with a connector.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      4bb steal looks more like a raise for value. veriz, please correct me.

Not a huge difference anyways because we mostly going to use the 4bb for mainly value. :P We can also use 3bb.

And yes, as I said if we steal with such a hand then we should prepare ourselves to CB Axx boards.