Normal play from my opponent?

• Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Twice today Ive had the best hand in two headsup situations but LOST on the river to someone hitting a set, without pocket pair as their hole cards.

Example that just happened on a 11$ turbo SNG on Everest: I was the bettor, but my AKo got BEAT by a J3d because he hit a set of 3's on the river. I put my whole stack 1000 chips in there throught the betting rounds so he had no proper odds to call me that far with a J3d. Flop was A36 rainbow, turn 7 and river 3. No flush for him either.

Is it normal to play ANY pair to the river in turbo SNGs?...
  • 3 replies
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      Judging by your signature you must know this already ;)

And its trips not set, set is if you have pocket pair + card on the board
    • Vargan
      Vargan
      Bronze
      Originally posted by armo
      Judging by your signature you must know this already ;)

And its trips not set, set is if you have pocket pair + card on the board
      I thought set/trips/three of a kind was the same thing. So set when its two in the hand and one on the board, and trips when its one in the hand and two on the board. Learn something every day. :)

Guess I just wanted to rant about it. I feel like tilting when that stuff happens. I wish people werent that dumb. Good thing it takes alot for me to _really_ tilt. I placed 1st/1st/2nd and something'th twice in the 5-set I just played, though so I guess its okay. 75$ profit. :D
    • armo
      armo
      Bronze
      You are winning and still complaining? :D Its not like you are going win every single hand you play!

gl