Jackpot Tables

• Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      Hello Guys

Could regular PartyPoker players share some knowledge?

I noticed that there are Jackpot tables at Party Poker. Googled it just to find out that $0.5 is being collected from every pot. I intend to play 50NL and perhaps 100NL for a start and it seems that $0.5 is a lot of money to loose on the long term.

Do those Bad Beat tables at 50-100NL usually attract more LOOSE players to justify playing on them? Or are they more or less the same as regular tables?

I deliberately try to avoid term 'fish' because being poker newb I am probably a fish myself to most of you guys, but I'd rather sit at the table with my own kind than tight/tough vultures.
  • 4 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hi Cimbute,

From what I can remember that the Jackpot tables are -EV to play at until the Jackpot is large enough. I'm trying to find out what that figure is so please bare with me :)

From my own experience I have never played at these tables so I'm not sure what the standard of play is like, so unfortunately I cannot comment on that.

Hopefully one of our kind members will pop by to give you their assessment of the games :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • ilrasso
      ilrasso
      Bronze
      Remember that even if the jackpot is big enough for jackpot/badbeat tables to be +ev, the jackpot part of the equation is horribly high variance. One might play millions of hands and not hit it.
    • Cimbute
      Cimbute
      Bronze
      So what is the figure for Jackpot tables to become +EV? This is like lottery I suppose. When the pot gets bigger there is much more people willing to give a shot at it. I think I understand this part.

My question is more about loose recreational players thou. I suppose that some not regular players who come to gamble look at the possibility to win some magic lottery as to an added bonus. But are there so many recreational players these days to make those Jackpot tables any softer?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Hey again,

Still can't find anything regarding a figure :( From what I remember it's over $300k so it's quite a large amount.

I haven't played much at Party Poker in recent years so I really cannot comment on player skill :(

All the best,
      Gary