[NL2-NL10] NL25 QQ push ok wit A on board?

• Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       
      Position:
      Stack
      UTG:
      $14.73
      UTG+1:
      $28.63
      Hero:
      $4.75

0.10/0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (10 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.9 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with Q:spade: , Q:club:
      UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 calls $0.25, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, 5 folds, UTG calls $1.25, UTG+1 calls $1.25.

Flop: ($4.85) A:spade: , 8:heart: , 5:diamond: (3 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $3.25 (All-In), UTG calls $3.25, UTG+1 calls $3.25.

I think contibet allin was ok even knowing that a A could be. after reviewing this hand several times against two villains a c/f would be ok on the flop?

Turn: ($14.60) J:spade: (2 players)
      UTG checks, UTG+1 bets $3, UTG folds.

River: ($17.60) 6:spade:

Final Pot: $17.60
  • 6 replies
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      In my opinion it would be better to c/f this hand, because against 2 opponents is quite risky to bet without a made hand...

I think that UTG players like to limp with A + medium kicker and this is not enough to bet into 2 opponents but should be enough to call, specially if you are all-in with the bet and cannot fire again on turn and river(in case you have a made hand) which is the case here because you're playing SSS. So I would c/f because I think that FE against 2 opponents isn't high enough even if they both checked the flop.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      i c/f here
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      He has to options, check behind the flop (c/f is not possible IP here ;) ) and give up his hand or push.
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      Originally posted by burek2000
      In my opinion it would be better to c/f this hand, because against 2 opponents is quite risky to bet without a made hand...

So I would c/f because I think that FE against 2 opponents isn't high enough even if they both checked the flop.
      I can agree with all of yr statements here, many thanks.

What I'm not quite sure is if the FE really is that bad, even against two. Playing very tight at this table I should have some credit at my opponents, so I definitely could hold a good A like AK or AQ. This should give me fold equity against small pocket pairs, which definitely could play this way or even weak Ax.

But for sure I can play c/f also. Maybe the slightly better play against unknown who didn'd show crazy moves.

In this case he limp/called AQs in UTG+2 which was worth a note ;)

Thx all for your inputs.
    • burek2000
      burek2000
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gremlin68
      Originally posted by burek2000

So I would c/f because I think that FE against 2 opponents isn't high enough even if they both checked the flop.
      What I'm not quite sure is if the FE really is that bad, even against two. Playing very tight at this table I should have some credit at my opponents, so I definitely could hold a good A like AK or AQ. This should give me fold equity against small pocket pairs, which definitely could play this way or even weak Ax.
      I agree with your thinking, but I play at micro limits myself too and from my experiences people like to call too often here. So, this is the reason why I think FE is not high enough in case someone hit the A on the flop which is not seldom the case against 2 opponents. But otherwise I totally agree with everything said. :)
    • Gremlin68
      Gremlin68
      Bronze
      [quote][i]
      I agree with your thinking, but I play at micro limits myself too and from my experiences people like to call too often here. So, this is the reason why I think FE is not high enough in case someone hit the A on the flop which is not seldom the case against 2 opponents. But otherwise I totally agree with everything said. :) [/quote]yes I agree yr thoughts also. but too often (at this limit to make it clear) they play crap. so without reads I tend to overplay some hands.