Hello chaps and chapettes

• MoonfireSpam
      MoonfireSpam
      Bronze
      Heya guys, so basically went skiing, played some live poker for the first time ever in a 50 euro buy in tourney, somehow lucked my way into 3rd and walked off with about 120 euros. Turns out that poker is super fun!

So lacking any live poker back in UK, online seemed like a good place to go. Seems that these games are totally different or varience is just beating on me a lot lately with last few AA sucking out to 82o etc :( (

Anyways, it still seems fun and hopefully start to get the hang of this thing sooner. Been having trouble dealing with the super aggressive guy who will make huge bets preflop when they usually hold crap. Keep having AK, AA cracked by those guys :<
  • 2 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey MoonfireSpam,

Welcome to PokerStrategy :)

Caught the Poker bug abroad huh? So are you looking to improve to beat the game, or just some basics so you can play and enjoy it more? Either way, you're in the right place!

Considering you've only just started playing, you seem to know about variance already? :] A quick learner !

Losing with AA isn't always a suckout/badbeat, you've just got to learn that you must fold the rockets sometimes :(

Have you applied for the Free $50 starting capital? Perfect way to get you going with Online Poker ;)
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      btw i loove your username. :D where did you get it?

a warm welcome from me too, MoonfireSpam!

yeah bad beats really suck :( but are quite inevitable in the game.
      have you discovered our hand evaluation forums yet? it's a nice way to see whether you played whatever hand you had correctly :)

let us know how you get on!

smiles,
      wendy