This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - KK on A high flop

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, €0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (€1.75)
      Button (€1.20)
      Hero (SB) (€2.14)
      BB (€2.41)
      UTG (€4.71)
      MP (€1.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      1 fold, MP calls €0.02, 2 folds, Hero bets €0.10, BB calls €0.08, 1 fold

Flop: (€0.22) Q:club: , 9:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.14, BB calls €0.14

Turn: (€0.50) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets €0.40, Hero calls €0.40

River: (€1.30) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Total pot: €1.30 | Rake: €0.05

Did I play this ok? BB is a weak reg, I think he has an Ace here a lot. I check\called the turn because I figured if I check he can bet a Q or maybe he picked up a FD. Decided to check the turn as I think his calling range on the river beats me and if he'd bet again I would've folded.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wurble,

Most likely I would even consider Check/Calling the flop vs reg rather CB and then Check/Call. If I do pick such a line then I Check/Fold the turn. ;)

Best Regards.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Wurble,

Most likely I would even consider Check/Calling the flop vs reg rather CB and then Check/Call. If I do pick such a line then I Check/Fold the turn. ;)

Best Regards.
      Thanks Veriz. He's a bad reg though! So, if we check\call the flop, check the turn and he bets you always assume he has the Ace? I thought that my flop cbet would look standard in case he was paying attention, so I could be doing this with most of my range and then when I checked the turn I hoped that he would bet a Q or FD. If I'd bet the turn then for sure I think he would only call if I was beat.

If we check\call the flop and check\fold the turn with KK on an A high flop are we not leaving ourselves open to be bluffed all over the place? Or do you figure it's best to go for the low variance option wait for a better opportunity?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, they tend not to bluff 2 streets. Especially if he ain't a maniac.