[NL2-NL10] NL2 SH - KK on A high flop

• Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, €0.02 BB (6 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

CO (€1.75)
      Button (€1.20)
      Hero (SB) (€2.14)
      BB (€2.41)
      UTG (€4.71)
      MP (€1.09)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K:diamond: , K:spade:
      1 fold, MP calls €0.02, 2 folds, Hero bets €0.10, BB calls €0.08, 1 fold

Flop: (€0.22) Q:club: , 9:diamond: , A:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets €0.14, BB calls €0.14

Turn: (€0.50) 4:spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets €0.40, Hero calls €0.40

River: (€1.30) 4:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Total pot: €1.30 | Rake: €0.05

Did I play this ok? BB is a weak reg, I think he has an Ace here a lot. I check\called the turn because I figured if I check he can bet a Q or maybe he picked up a FD. Decided to check the turn as I think his calling range on the river beats me and if he'd bet again I would've folded.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Wurble,

Most likely I would even consider Check/Calling the flop vs reg rather CB and then Check/Call. If I do pick such a line then I Check/Fold the turn. ;)

Best Regards.
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello Wurble,

Most likely I would even consider Check/Calling the flop vs reg rather CB and then Check/Call. If I do pick such a line then I Check/Fold the turn. ;)

Best Regards.
      Thanks Veriz. He's a bad reg though! So, if we check\call the flop, check the turn and he bets you always assume he has the Ace? I thought that my flop cbet would look standard in case he was paying attention, so I could be doing this with most of my range and then when I checked the turn I hoped that he would bet a Q or FD. If I'd bet the turn then for sure I think he would only call if I was beat.

If we check\call the flop and check\fold the turn with KK on an A high flop are we not leaving ourselves open to be bluffed all over the place? Or do you figure it's best to go for the low variance option wait for a better opportunity?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Nah, they tend not to bluff 2 streets. Especially if he ain't a maniac.