Mark Schmid's SnG Guide

• hulpesergiu
      Hi guys, I've been playing poker for some time, but just for fun, but I would like to transition to poker as a source of at least secondary income.

I am considering buying Mark Schmid's SnG Guide, but it's a little pricey for me, or buying a subscription on deucescracked, or buying points on pokerstrategy ( I received my bonus on partypoker about 2 years ago but wasted it on tilt).

I should mention I am currently playing 50c 45man on Stars, have a small bankroll, I'm a student.

What do you guys think? Should I consider investing into a more advanced course? Or should I stick to the pokerstrategy tables and train with the SNG wizz demo?
  • 2 replies
    • kolonel71
      You will find that the strategies and videos supplied here will give you a strong start for playing and winning SNGs. Definately something to consider before spending your hard earned $$$ on training sites (PS is a training site itself).

There is enough content, imo, if you are silver status, and can work on others factors from there. Just join a poker site that tracks PS points, and start earning before you spend $$$ on extra points. Its not that hard considering you get 10 points each day you play, and you only need 100 points for silver to get you up and running.

Getting active in HH forums is probably one of the best resources i have found, and i dont just mean your own HH. I am getting heaps out of the other posters HH, and working through them before reading/commenting.

Also, hit up other players and organise sweat sessions and general chat too.

Good luck with it all mate.
    • shane0878
      You could try reading our very own Collin Moshman.
      I liked this book.