BB ($30)
      UTG ($30)
      UTG+1 ($33.96)
      CO ($36.52)
      Hero ($30)

Dealt to Hero A:spade: 7:spade:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.75, BB calls $0.60

FLOP ($2.70) A:diamond: Q:club: 7:club:

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $2.02, SB raises to $4.04, BB folds, Hero raises to $6.96, SB raises to $40.74 (AI), Hero calls $22.14 (AI)

TURN ($60.90) A:diamond: Q:club: 7:club: 9:club:

RIVER ($60.90) A:diamond: Q:club: 7:club: 9:club: 2:spade:

Villain is unknown. On the flop I think I'm dead against his value range (except for AK maybe), but have decent equity against his FDs. And since I can mostly get value from them I 3bet with intention to call push. Of course my 3bet size is laughable, didn't realized it during the hand.

Do you agree with my reasoning here? What 3bet size make sense to protect against his FDs? Are there any reasons to call flop and what is our plan for turn and river in that case?
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

you block 77, so most likely his only value hand is AQ, against min-raise I would also 3-bet that flop to try getting maximum value in against his Ax hands. I think your small 3-bet is fine, it looks bluffy and he likely doest play that often his flushdraws that way, that you should try to protect your hand that much+ if yore bluffing you would likely also make it 7.2-7.5$.

What 3bet size make sense to protect against his FDs?
      - consider all of his range (that besides flushdraws also has Ax hands and also if he has Acxc you end up getting anyway all-in on the flop, so it doest matter if you make it there 7.3$ or 10$) I would not go higher than 7.5$

Are there any reasons to call flop and what is our plan for turn and river in that case?
      - if you put him on complete air or think that he would fold his Ax hands to your 3-bet. I would then shove on blank turn, call with clubs and then fold to river shove.

Best regards,