Minimum Starting Odds for Various Hands

• Greedyfly
      Greedyfly
      Bronze
      Hi all,

I hope I phrase this in a way that makes sense.

So we have the BSS starting hands chart already. However, I was wondering whether there was a minimum starting odds chart. Or in other words a chart that will help me understand when I am getting value to call preflop with, for example, suited connectors/gap suited connectors/suited aces etc and various other combinations.

I hope that makes sense to someone and if so where to find said chart.
  • 1 reply
    • Wurble
      Wurble
      Silver
      I don't know of any chart but the call20 rule generally applies to the hands you mentioned. The thing to always consider when playing a hand like suited connectors and small pocket pairs is whether or not villain has a tight enough range to stack off when you hit. For instance, it's no good calling my utg raise with 78s because when the flop comes JT9 there's no way I'm paying you off for a full stack, even with aces.

In general, with suited connectors and small pp's the more people in the hand pre flop the better. Having several people in the pot means you get immediately good pot odds and you have more chance of stacking someone when you hit a monster.

Playing them first in is different though because you then have initiative and fold equity.