SB: $12.28
      Hero (BB): $10.51
      UTG: $10.00
      UTG+1: $17.27
      MP: $8.07

SB posts SB $0.05, Hero posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has Q:heart: A:diamond:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.30, fold, Hero calls $0.20

I could have 3bet here, but that would turn my hand into a bluff. I don't like turning a very decent hand like AQo into a bluff.

Flop: ($0.65, 2 players) A:spade: 4:spade: A:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.50, Hero raises to $1.40, BTN calls $0.90

I hit pretty hard here, and I had no reason to believe Villain wouldn't c-bet so I decided to check/raise here. That way I would still get value from bluff c-bets and I get a chance to build up the pot with trips aces with a good kicker. I'm pretty sure a lot of lower Ax's will still call.

Turn: ($3.45, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero bets $2.40, BTN calls $2.40

This card does not change much, since AK already had me beat. Villain will pretty much always be playing Ax or 44 here. I decide to bet out myself this time, to build up the pot ASAP.

River: ($8.25, 2 players) 5:heart:
      Hero bets $6.41 and is all-in, BTN calls $6.36 and is all-in

A flush draw might now have completed, but it is very unlikely for Villain to have been playing a flush draw of hearts (or 32 for that matter), as mentioned earlier. Only probable hands to beat me are AK and 44, while I'm pretty sure to get value from any lower Ax, so I shove in the rest of my stack here.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello BaggerSmurf,

Preflop: Most likely vs unknown I would just 3bet it while you didn't write anything about him. :)

As played
      Postflop: Check/Raise bigger on the flop and don't give good odds for him to draw for FD. But overall we wont be planning to give up our hand here.

Best Regards.