This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Flush decision

• Erniastukas
      Erniastukas
      Bronze
      Hello, my first post in this forum :]

I'm playing NL10 and trying to build my BR. Till now I just played game that makes sense to me, without any advanced calculations. As I progress, I've noticed that some strategy related questions starts to rise and I begin to take desicions based on long-term calculations.

So, my first question, how should I act in following situation:

There are 4 cards on the table of same color - I hold the fifth, so it's flush. But my only opponent by his actions represents the same - a flush. Should I decide to move all-in/call/raise - it means - go to showdown? My logic tells: if fifth color i'm holding is higher than 6/7 (it also depends, which cards are on the table) - I have more than 50 percent chance of having higher flush - so I go for it.

Is it right? How it changes if there are more than 1 opponent?
  • 4 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Depends which Card you hold.

If he Raised from EP, then its safe to say he has a rather large Suited Cards/Big pair a majority of the times, If he is limping, maybe small pairs/connectors. Would totally depend on the opponent.
    • Kitsune101
      Kitsune101
      Basic
      Your question is too broad.

Say there is 4 hearts 1 spade on the river, you raise and villain reraise you.

Villain is repping the nuts or at minimum the K high flush. So you shove the nuts, and everything else becomes a bluff catcher.

Just because the the 7 high flush is the middle flush doesnt mean you win 50/50. If you go all in villain might fold every flush that is below 7 and call with everything above. Then you lose 100% when called and you are bluffing with the best hand when he folds.
    • Erniastukas
      Erniastukas
      Bronze
      So it seems, as MattDenness said, it depends too much on opponent and I was quite wrong with my own theory :]
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Your also missing the point of, what cards are on the table specifically? Its not enough to just think 4 hearts, for example if its 92KA of hearts you should rarely fold a J high flush, but if its 6782 of hearts you might.