vhallee's blog: WBCOOP 2012 - What would I do with $5,000?

• vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Hello everyone and welcome back! I've decided to do something special for my 1,500th post so I added another another blog entry. Why don’t you have a seat right over there…enjoy. So yeah, I’ve been writing about poker for a while now – whether it was about day-to-day happenings from the poker scene, interviews with the poker community members, or any other piece of text referring to poker in one way or another. I’m like that, you know?

When I heard that there is a possibility for poker bloggers/writers like me to win $5,000 without actually playing good poker or turning to prostitution, I have to say I was pretty skeptical. I mean seriously, that’s a pretty good amount of money for a horrible poker player such as me. I may have written about massive pots hundreds, if not thousands of times, but I haven’t been desensitized by this – I am still grateful for the cash I make because it will take a while before I use triple merge ranging to win a $100k pot off of Isildur1.

He's un-triple-merge-range-able, but that's besides the point.

I then started thinking: what would I do if I actually win this money? Then I remembered about my fantastic monkey-stamp: I could buy about 5,000 $1 Kinder eggs, or order one massive Kinder egg worth $5,000! I might put myself into a chocolate-induced coma, but that’s pretty much how everyone would want to go. Imagine the size of the toy as well – they could fit an Optimus Prime in that bad boy, complete with Shyia LaBoef’s massive lack of acting skills.

You're never too old to enjoy a giant Kinder egg.

I could try to use this money to fuel my space travel addiction (I’m the senior editor at Space Travel Aficionados Quarterly), but I think that money would only get me to Canada. I could actually go there, meet Daniel Negreanu (I’m such a fanboy, it’s ridiculous really) and tell him I love him and I have listened to all his albums, especially his early work, before he went mainstream. Plus, he’s got Romanian heritage, so we could talk sh*t about people around us, all while keeping a friendly face.

Daniel, telling Jennifer Harman how much her cooking sucks in Romanian

Investing crossed my mind as well: putting $5,000 on some stocks and waiting until I could wear a gold suit and hire a butler for my penis like what Peter Griffin did sounds like a great idea. I would be so rich and famous, all because of a blog competition. Then when I’m rich, I will be able to take up sports like cricket, talk with a marvelous British accent, and then get the finest tea, crumpets and cocaine that money can buy.

Quite.

After considering all options, I realized I will probably donate it back to the poker economy, bit by bit (I’m not going to try NL 500,000 just yet). From this point of view I guess I’m good for poker. After all, I love poker and this way I won’t have to spend another 2 years trying to get out of the micro stakes. So yeah, I guess I’ll probably do that. You should thank me, you bastards.

That being said, I really hope I get to play in the World Blogger Championship of Online Poker. Should that happen, I’ll try to document my adventures in a separate entry. Until then, have fun at the poker tables and say NO to drugs.

Yours truly,
      vhallee
  • 31 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Epic vhallee!

More please :D
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      :f_love:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Doesn't the kid poker live in Vegas, anyway?
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      Ah right, so that's how you write a blog entry!
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      I haven't written a blog in ages and the WBCOOP was a good occasion. Time is never on my side but I will try to have more pieces published if you guys actually like them :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      I haven't written a blog in ages and the WBCOOP was a good occasion. Time is never on my side but I will try to have more pieces published if you guys actually like them :)
      I liked it. Will read it one day too.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Where do we vote? :s_thumbsup:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Where do we vote? :s_thumbsup:
      Hehe, I guess I can consider positive replies as votes in favor of more blog posts :f_biggrin:
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      :heart: :heart: wohooo! :f_p: moaaarrrr!
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      And that is why Vhallee is such a legend in these parts.

Oh how I've missed his dulcet tones, his freaky knack for humour, the tenderness of his touch.... oh no wait the judge ruled that I couldn't talk about that.... forget that last bit, no-one will ever know :f_cool:

Good to see you back blogging buddy, awesome work as always

Bart
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Any time the monkey stamp gets some love, you had me at hello. :heart:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88
      the tenderness of his touch.... oh no wait the judge ruled that I couldn't talk about that.... forget that last bit, no-one will ever know :f_cool:
      It's comforting to see that he's breached those laws in multiple jurisdictions. :f_eek:
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      the tenderness of his touch.... oh no wait the judge ruled that I couldn't talk about that.... forget that last bit, no-one will ever know :f_cool:
      It's comforting to see that he's breached those laws in multiple jurisdictions. :f_eek:
      @Bart: It was consensual and we both know it. Don't feel guilty for liking the feeling :f_cool:

@Waiboy: I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'd fly all the way from Gibraltar to molest you. I guess I was wrong about you :f_cry:
    • Waiboy
      Waiboy
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vhallee
      Originally posted by Waiboy
      @Bart: It was consensual and we both know it. Don't feel guilty for liking the feeling :f_cool:

@Waiboy: I thought you'd appreciate the fact that I'd fly all the way from Gibraltar to molest you. I guess I was wrong about you :f_cry:
      It was mostly the way you kept calling out "Daniel" throughout. Such a slapper.
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Dear vhallee,

Congratulations!

You've now completed your application for WBCOOP 2012. Your tickets to play will be automatically credited to your PokerStars account within 48 hours.

Well shit. I guess I will actually have to play AND blog about this. Alright, how bad can it be?

There are about 30 events and they start tomorrow; I have 10 tickets so I'll need to have a look at the list and see which ones to play. The events are listed under Tourney -> Private and I'm gonna play mostly NL events ofc, plus 1-2 PLO events maybe? Not sure, cause I suck at it. Suggestions are welcomed to a certain degree.

Love,
      vhallee
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      vhaaaaaaallllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze
      Unfortunately you can't buy a Kinder Egg with $0,5000
    • vhallee
      vhallee
      Bronze
      Well hello there. I promised I would try to document my adventures in the WBCOOP, so here goes.

I have set myself a little schedule of tournaments that I will play - I will post it soon, in case you care about railing (and subsequently laughing at the horrible plays).

So event #1 is going ok so far:

Poker Stars Freeroll No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t30/t60 Blinds - 8 players - View hand 1653902
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: t9621 160.35 BBs
      UTG+1: t9985 166.42 BBs
      Hero (MP1): t7717 128.62 BBs :f_cool:
      MP2: t22651 377.52 BBs
      CO: t11315 188.58 BBs
      BTN: t9550 159.17 BBs
      SB: t9541 159.02 BBs
      BB: t9620 160.33 BBs

Pre Flop: (t90) Hero is MP1 with A :club: K :heart: :megusta:
      2 folds, Hero raises to t240, MP2 raises to t5940, 4 folds, Hero raises to t7717 all in, MP2 calls t1777

Flop: (t15524) 4 :club: 7 :diamond: J :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Turn: (t15524) 8 :club: (2 players - 1 is all in)

River: (t15524) A :spade: (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: t15524
      Hero shows A :club: K :heart: (a pair of Aces) :coolface:
      MP2 shows 5 :spade: 5 :heart: (a pair of Fives) :rage:
      Hero wins t15524

vhallee: thank you for your money
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      wiiiiiiiiiii

do a win. then buy me stuff. ty.

55 > AK DUCY?