Peak for a sng player

• gemgem69
      gemgem69
      Bronze
      As we all know there is know peak for cash with games reaching up to 1mil if you play Ivey heads up online and offline you can play stupid billionaires. But as for sngs there must come a time when sngs are not going to make you mega bucks unless you divert to large mtt play afterwards like Hevad Khan. Or you could stick to even higher stakes heads up sngs like Dario minieri. Are there any high roller sngs players out there doing 100k+ a month like some of the top cash players?
  • 7 replies
    • chenny8888
      chenny8888
      Bronze
      because so few of the top players discuss profitablity, i really can't be sure. but i have railed some of the top stakes (2100+90$ on stars) and it seems still very fishy, with a couple of good regulars on them.

go have a look for inissint (sp?), he's one of the best high-stakes SNG players out there.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      immediately go to fishy mtt's as soon as you get the roll though. So if you have the 20k, go play sunday million/warmup, party 300k GTD, etc. All profitable.

Dario minieri is a cashplayer, who makes over 100k a month on s&g's :p
    • arjun2001
      arjun2001
      Bronze
      SNG can definitely make some mega bucks. They are more of a long-term games rather than short term like the Multi table tourneys which would pay for 1 whole year in a matter of 8-10 hours.

SNG are also good for regular income or provide with money for MTT. Plus there is less luck involved in small SNG tourneys.

As far the players go I see some high stake SNG players on pokerstars, don't know about their profits though. JohnSmiley1, Pokts, DarioMinieri.

Also the 100k/month range is too high for SNG, like I said before they are more of a long term game.

100k/year.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      he makes more then 100k he made like 50k in 1 day from sng
    • 2weiX
      2weiX
      Bronze
      The regs @ the 1000+ SNGs at Stars are, I guess, pretty happy just to break even and live off the VPPs from Star's SuperNova Elite program.
      In one of the last 2+2 podcasts was a guy who playes those stakes and he said just that. He also bought into every single WSOP event with VPPs, got a Porsche with VPPs... Star's Concierge Service makes it possible, I guess.
    • Boku
      Boku
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arjun2001

Also the 100k/month range is too high for SNG, like I said before they are more of a long term game.

100k/year.
      I think you can easily make 30K a month and therfore 300-400K per year.
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Boku
      Originally posted by arjun2001

100k/year.
      I think you can easily make 30K a month and therfore 300-400K per year.
      ZOMG, THE LEGEND IS HERE! :o