This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] river bluff gone wrong

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Party Poker $10 No Limit Hold'em - 8 players - View hand 1646480
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

MP1: $10.00
      MP2: $24.04
      CO: $18.05
      Hero (BTN): $8.90
      SB: $3.95
      BB: $10.00
      UTG: $12.54
      UTG+1: $5.15

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is BTN with J :diamond: K :diamond:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 2 :spade: T :diamond: A :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $0.60, Hero calls $0.60

Turn: ($2.15) T :club: (2 players)
      UTG bets $1.36, Hero calls $1.36

River: ($4.87) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $4, UTG calls $4

Okay, I know i played this hand terribly and i didnt even realise i didnt have auto rebuy to max on (ill usually always have it on and never play with less than 100BB) i realised after i was starting to tilt and took a break, i called pre as a spec hand, but against UTGs range i guess he would pay me off if a hit a monster, i called the flop with my gutshot as i was getting great implied odds against his range.

The turn was a terrible call, with the flush draw and possible boat there my gutshot might not even been live, however, as played when he checked to me on the river i decided to go for a near pot sized bet to try and get him off his hand as i thought he would fold a lot of Ax hands, was this an aweful bluff?
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Add to full stack if playing BSS.

Preflop: Rather fold it vs unknown UTG who has mainly dominated your hand. And how horrible you played it postflop you should definitely fold it.

As played
      Postflop: Fold it on the flop most likely, cause it hardly hits his range and you don't get the implied odds for GS and obviously never do that on turn. + Horrible bluff on river.

Best Regards.
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      yeahhh i thought as much, i dont think i could have played this hand any worse, ahh well work on not tilting at all
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze
      Hi!

It seems to me that you were on tilt..

Don't worry too much about that, it happens to the best players also!
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      ahhh i was for sure buddy ive never had to instantly close of my tables, but i took a break for the rest of the day, had a workout, now im gunnaa put in some seriously grinding and studying today