Stack
      MP2:
      $2,2
      Hero:
      $2,17
      BU:
      $3,31

0,01/0,02 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.105 by www.pokerstrategy.com.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K:heart: , Q:heart:
      3 folds, MP2 calls $0,02, Hero calls $0,02, CO folds, BU calls $0,02, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: ($0,09) 9:diamond: , 6:heart: , 2:heart: (4 players)
      BB checks, MP2 bets $0,09, Hero calls $0,09, 2 folds.

Turn: ($0,27) 8:heart: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,13, MP2 calls $0,13.

River: ($0,53) 2:club: (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0,38, MP2 raises to $1,96 (All-In), Hero calls $1,55 (All-In).

Final Pot: $4,42

i do not know, what i did there.. i was too happy, to hit the flush. i tought, that he could mebay have two pairs or a set or somethiing like that. i did not noticed, that the river will change all... ;(

shall i bet the turn more..?!?
  • 6 replies
    • MoneyDearest
      MoneyDearest
      Bronze
      Wow, I've a lot to learn about poker :p! I barely have an idea what you-'re referring to!

Do you mean a possible full house?

The only thing I'd be scared of on the river is the ace of hearts, but I don't think I could get away from this if it was me!

Actually, the only thing I'd do differently is raise over the limper to steal pre-flop. I'd probably raise the flop too with the flush draw and the over cards, though I'm not at all sure that that's the correct play.

Looking forward to hearing other thoughts,

Money.

edit: do you mean quad 2's? I could never imagine having a good enough read to react to quads.
    • dErlUxEr
      dErlUxEr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MoneyDearest
      Wow, I've a lot to learn about poker :p! I barely have an idea what you-'re referring to!
      yeah.. me too :D

Do you mean a possible full house?
      is possible.. or A high flush/quads

Actually, the only thing I'd do differently is raise over the limper to steal pre-flop. I'd probably raise the flop too with the flush draw and the over cards, though I'm not at all sure that that's the correct play.
      i played the post-flop as the "starting hand chart" told me, how to play it.. sorry for my english ^^

at flop, i was not sure, if i should call or raise. i tought a sheep look would be great. if i do not hit a flush, then i do not spend a lot of money. but on the other hand, i make my hand strong and i could win more money.

at turn i guess, i have to bet more.. to present a monster and make my oponent scared.

i am always not sure, how to play a flush-draw corectly :s_confused:
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello dErlUxEr,

Preflop: If you want even to play the hand then rather isolate here.

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Bet the turn so small? Rather bet it bigger and as played on the river I would just Bet/Fold it after even a FH is possible and not that many hands what we beat.

Best Regards.
    • dErlUxEr
      dErlUxEr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello dErlUxEr,

okay.. i played it, as the shc told me, how to play it. but i guess in this situation, he will always call. with his pocket 99

As played
      Postflop: Why do you Bet the turn so small? Rather bet it bigger and as played on the river I would just Bet/Fold it after even a FH is possible and not that many hands what we beat.

Best Regards.
      i think the same now. in this situation i was scared, to bet him out and he will fold. therefore i decided to bet small and push it at river. but i gave him a sheep card and i lost...
    • katrin0303
      katrin0303
      Bronze

Why isolation coach?

SHC tells us differently. Would you please explain why?

Thx in advance!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      SHC tells us differently. Would you please explain why?

SHC isn't a must follow book, in future you are going to isolate more than limp in. With that play you take the initiative and can win the pot either preflop or having the aggression and take down postflop more easier.