This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] sh 25 JJ OOP play vs tigh opponent

• DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $25.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1647741
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $25.25 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 11, 3B: 3, AF: 3.0, Hands: 87

Hero (BB): $32.32 - VPIP: 21, PFR: 18, 3B: 6, AF: 5.1, Hands: 63169

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with J :spade: J :heart:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.75, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5 :heart: 3 :spade: 8 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $1.00, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.60) 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.70, CO calls $2.70

River: ($9.00) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.40, CO folds

preflop Since villain looks quite nitty I thought calling is better than 3bet/folding my hand.

flop Board was very dry and I thought that a c/r would be quite strong and that I would get villain to fold lots of hands against which I can make some value by playing my hand differently.

Considering donking on the flop I think I get some more value taking my line because this way he is cbetting all his air as well on the flop and if I donk turn it is the same for me only that he has a wider range.

turn I donk for value/protection and I would expect villain to raise his very strong hands here. I try to get value from 8x,66,77,99,TT and his flush draws.

river Smaller size because I want to get value from the same weak range and I intend to fold vs raise as I don't see him bluffing here.
  • 1 reply
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Hi,

would prefer 3-bet pf, would also either leading or c/r flop to protect my hand and get maximum value out of worse hands, if I check then I would also check turn to let continue bluffing or valuebetting with worse hands

Best regards,