[NL2-NL10] NL10 KK preflop... overbetting?

• AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      I need to know if playing these kings was correct?

PokerStars Game #16840631987: Hold'em No Limit ($0.05/$0.10) - 2008/04/19 - 10:55:44 (ET)
      Table 'Aksnes' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
      Seat 1: Hero ($5.20 in chips)
      Seat 2: MP($24.40 in chips)
      Seat 3: MP ($10.85 in chips)
      Seat 5: CO ($5.80 in chips)
      Seat 6: BU ($10.25 in chips)
      Seat 7: SB ($24.25 in chips)
      Seat 8: BB($2.45 in chips)
      Seat 9: Villain ($9.90 in chips)
      posts small blind $0.05
      posts big blind $0.10
      BB: sits out
      *** HOLE CARDS ***
      Dealt to Hero [Kd Ks]
      Villain: raises $0.40 to $0.50
      Hero: raises $1 to $1.50
      MP: folds
      MP1: folds
      CO: folds
      BU: folds
      SB: folds
      BB: folds
      Villain: calls $1
      *** FLOP *** [6h 2h Ts]
      Villain: checks
      Hero: bets $3.70 and is all-in
      Villain said, "JJ"
      Villain: folds
      Hero collected $3 from pot
      Hero: doesn't show hand
      *** SUMMARY ***
      Total pot $3.15 | Rake $0.15
      Board [6h 2h Ts]
      Seat 1: Hero collected ($3)
      Seat 2: MP2 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 3: MP3(didn't bet)
      Seat 5: CU(didn't bet)
      Seat 6: (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
      Seat 7: SB (small blind) folded before Flop
      Seat 8: BB(big blind) folded before Flop
      Seat 9: Villain folded on the Flop

good play? or should of slowed played?
  • 6 replies
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      1- Use a hand converter. This one is good: http://www.leggopoker.com/index.php?page=hh

2- Don't have $5 at a NL10 table. Buy in with either $2 and leave when you get to $2.50+, or buy in with $10 and re-buy if you dip below $7.50. A $5 buy in at that limit is far less than optimal.

3- The rest is well played, to a degree. You overbet a little, but this is due to your $5 stack. If you were playing proper SSS and had $2 you would have all the money in preflop, or if you were playing BSS ($10) that you could bet ~$2-$2.50 on the flop and go from there. Villain actually made a good laydown on that flop. There aren't too many players at that limit that can fold an overpair, assuming he had what he said he had of course ;)

NH but please re-read the articles on playing SSS. Assuming your bankroll is still around the original $50, you're limited to $2 buy-in at cash games and no more than $1 SNGs.

Good luck at the tables!
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      yeah thanks man. And speaking of that $2 dollar buy in: I actually bought in there according to the SSS strategy and had won earlier with a straight first hand :D and then just decided to stay at that table because I figured by the way all the players were play and considering their stacks( there were a couple with $10+ and one with $20+).. It would be profitable.

I stayed there for a bit longer after that and had left the table with $8.15 after I had bought in with $2

but man I think I could of won more if I just checked on the flop

thanks!!
    • AcessUP
      AcessUP
      Global
      Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
      LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

Hero (UTG): $5.20
      MP: $10.85
      CO: $5.80
      BTN: $10.25
      SB: $24.25
      BB: $9.90

Pre-Flop: K:diamond: K:spade: dealt to Hero (UTG)
      BB raises to $0.50, Hero raises to $1.50, 6 folds, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 6:heart: 2:heart: T:spade: (2 Players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $3.70 and is All-In, BB folds

Results: $3 Pot ($0.15 Rake)
      Hero mucked K:diamond: K:spade: and WON $3 (+$1.50 NET)

thats easier haha
    • theloniousbones
      theloniousbones
      Bronze
      Nice!

Glad I could help.

I catch myself cheating on SSS myself by staying at the table after a big win, but as tempting as it is, I can't emphasize enough to avoid it. Far too many times I've won a nice pot and stayed around to capitalize on the fish, only to have my set busted by a straight on the river or some ridiculous 2-outer. I could've cashed out with $1.75 profit only to end up losing $2. Doesn't seem like much but it adds up.

It takes a lot of discipline, but if you can get your mind focused on the big picture that your bankroll will grow much faster and you can get out of the grind of NL10.

Good luck at the tables and keep posting your hands!

Catch ya around.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Originally posted by theloniousbones
      1- Use a hand converter. This one is good: http://www.leggopoker.com/index.php?page=hh

2- Don't have $5 at a NL10 table. Buy in with either $2 and leave when you get to $2.50+, or buy in with $10 and re-buy if you dip below $7.50. A $5 buy in at that limit is far less than optimal.

3- The rest is well played, to a degree. You overbet a little, but this is due to your $5 stack. If you were playing proper SSS and had $2 you would have all the money in preflop, or if you were playing BSS ($10) that you could bet ~$2-$2.50 on the flop and go from there. Villain actually made a good laydown on that flop. There aren't too many players at that limit that can fold an overpair, assuming he had what he said he had of course ;)

NH but please re-read the articles on playing SSS. Assuming your bankroll is still around the original $50, you're limited to $2 buy-in at cash games and no more than $1 SNGs.

Good luck at the tables!
      # 2
    • RMB
      RMB
      Bronze
      couldn't agree more with theloniousbones.

Should always leave the table once you've made a profit.. like he said leave when its 2.50 ^^..

its one of the best advices you can get.