Elephant * POSTGRES

• Ac3sFu11
      Ac3sFu11
      Bronze
      Hi can someone help please.Just downloaded elephant but it wont let me create a new database.It says fatal error postgress password authentication fail.I havent ever put a password in etc so im just guessing.Ive been told you put in dbpass but that isnt working either.Any ideas please?Real technophobe so please any advice in laymans terms please.
  • 5 replies
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi Ac3sFu11,

I've moved your thread to the relevant board :) and will get you some help now!
      Ingrid
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      Hey Ac3sFu11,

after the installation of PokerStrategy.com Elephant you were asked to install postgreSQL. During this process you should have created a user for postgreSQl with a correspondig password.

If you can't remeber it, try the following to create a database:

Username: elephant
      Password: elephant

Password: postgres

Password: postgrespass
    • Ac3sFu11
      Ac3sFu11
      Bronze
      Thank you MRK988.
      I thik originally before i got into stats and things properly i may have downloaded this before and set up details then,however not a clue as to what i would have used.Ill give yours a go thanks.
    • Ac3sFu11
      Ac3sFu11
      Bronze
      Hi MRK,Just to let you know i tried those details- thanks for trying but still no joy.

Just says "connection to databse server lost" every time & "password authentication error 0010001010"

No worries best get my pen & paper out!! :D
    • mrk1988
      mrk1988
      Bronze
      :D

Alright, you need to reset the password / deacitvate it.

Do the following:

Open up control panel -> administrative tools -> services and deactivate the postgreSQL service.

Open up the postgreSQL installation folder and look for a file called: 'pg_hba.conf'

Open it with a text editor and scroll down. Replace every "md5" with "trust" and close the file. Start the postgreSQL service again and create your database. It should no longer matter what password you are entering, only the username has to be correct.

You can find out the username by opening a command prompt and typing: "net user".