fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) 5:spade: 9:heart: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.76, BB calls $0.76

River: ($2.32, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $3.00, fold

Hero wins $2.21

I took a really strange line here, which im not too sure why, i didnt really wanna c bet on the board against the BBs range, and then tried to rep a king that i was protecting with a pot sized bet on the turn hmmmm

My real question is about gettin max value on the river, i decided to overbet as hes going to raise most of his flushs and any other hands im behind against or even call a low flush against my overbet, I thought he would call most Kx hands regardless if i made a 2/3 value bet or over bet and i thought he would fold anything worse to any bet

So my logic was i was getting max value against his calling range but im also losing more against his ranging range ( i thought he was much more likey to have Kx /missed flush draw than a value hand)

Was my bet sizing okay on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Rather CB the flop than turn your hand into bluff-catcher. You have even a pair there. ;) And neither of course I don't like the over-bet on the river, what worse will call you and at the same time you isolate against made flushes and maybe even stronger hands. :(

Best Regards.