This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] weird line with A4s

• Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.10 NL - Holdem - 8 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

MP: $6.83
      MP+1: $8.96
      CO: $18.74
      BTN: $9.70
      Hero (SB): $10.18
      BB: $14.02
      UTG: $11.23
      UTG+1: $4.50

Hero posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.15) Hero has 4:club: A:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.40, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($0.80, 2 players) 5:spade: 9:heart: 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks

Turn: ($0.80, 2 players) K:spade:
      Hero bets $0.76, BB calls $0.76

River: ($2.32, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $3.00, fold

Hero wins $2.21

I took a really strange line here, which im not too sure why, i didnt really wanna c bet on the board against the BBs range, and then tried to rep a king that i was protecting with a pot sized bet on the turn hmmmm

My real question is about gettin max value on the river, i decided to overbet as hes going to raise most of his flushs and any other hands im behind against or even call a low flush against my overbet, I thought he would call most Kx hands regardless if i made a 2/3 value bet or over bet and i thought he would fold anything worse to any bet

So my logic was i was getting max value against his calling range but im also losing more against his ranging range ( i thought he was much more likey to have Kx /missed flush draw than a value hand)

Was my bet sizing okay on the river?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Castle93,

Rather CB the flop than turn your hand into bluff-catcher. You have even a pair there. ;) And neither of course I don't like the over-bet on the river, what worse will call you and at the same time you isolate against made flushes and maybe even stronger hands. :(

Best Regards.