[NL2-NL10] NL 10, SH, AJ, two pair on DHB - R all-in call?

• Anger86
      Anger86
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players

Hero (UTG): $10.00 - VPIP: 16, PFR: 14, 3B: 4, AF: 3.8, Hands: 143238
      CO: $11.45 - VPIP: 86, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 7.0, Hands: 7
      BTN: $15.93 - VPIP: 26, PFR: 19, 3B: 10, AF: 0.7, Hands: 103
      SB: $9.80 - VPIP: 25, PFR: 13, 3B: 0, AF: 0.8, Hands: 24
      BB: $2.12 - VPIP: 64, PFR: 50, 3B: 20, AF: 1.3, Hands: 14

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is UTG with J :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.40, 2 folds, SB calls $0.35, BB calls $0.30

Flop: ($1.20) T :diamond: J :club: 5 :club: (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90, BB folds

Turn: ($3.00) A :diamond: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.20, SB calls $2.20

River: ($7.40) 7 :spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $6.30, Hero ?

Hello,

Flop:I want to protect TPTK from draws. I think Villain would mostly 3bet his TT, JJ here and would call with KQ and flush draws.

Turn: It gets though here for me, because I have to decide how big pot I want to play. KQ got there. Now I have 2pair and pretty shitty board.
      I decided to protect against flush draws.
      It's pretty interesting that Villain checks/call me. At this moment I can't give him a credit for KQ, TT, JJ. bet/fold T

How about my bet sizing? I realize that I have 1/3 of the stack into the pot. So, it's easy to put me all-in.

River: As I said above, I cant give too many flopped set for Villain. Also KQ doesn't make sense. AcKc, AcQc ?

How do you red this hand?
      How much would you bet?

Thanks!
      If you have some questions, please!
  • 4 replies
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      some people will try to slowplay on wet boards. those people are usually either fish, or have a sick read on their opponent, and know they most likely arent drawing. possibly just trying to float ya hoping a scare card hits. It is a really tough decision against an unknown player. I think your hand is strong enough vs his range to play for the stacks here. he seems to play loose enough thru 24 hands to have holdings that will pay off AJ on that board. you obviously will lose a few of them too, but I would still go for the call on the river. seems like a really big bet to me...could be holding 5-5, could be holding AJ as well...could have KQ. against an unknown you really just have to guess lol.

I really dont know what the correct move is on the river here. folding is obv. the safest play, but if you think he could just be bluffing at a missed flush draw, possibly like you said any A-xs hand with clubs in it might be making this move on you. i truely believe that the average nl10 player might have raised ya on that flop if they had any set. especially being oop for the rest of the turn and river....really doesnt make any sense his bet on the river.

final conclusion: i think its a pure bluff, or some semi bluff with A-x type hands. call him down here I think is the best move. TJs hands might pay here as well.
    • bradomurder
      bradomurder
      Bronze
      flop and turn are standard imo. like your sizing

You could add a 98 in there and I wouldn't really discount KQ much. I don't think many people would play a FD so passively then suddenly decide to jam the river, although it is possible.

AcKc and AcQc doesn't make sense to jam the river with them, I think they more often c/c river or c/r turn.

So I think it's a fold
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Anger86,

Overall your play seems to be fine but on the river unfortunately we can't really do much. Our plan to Bet the turn would be mainly for free showdown cause I doubt that we getting value from a lot worse on the river and of course protection. Usually when they donk-ship like that they have a strong made hand.

Best Regards.
    • ilovemagic
      ilovemagic
      Bronze
      lol we all seem to be pretty different about how to play this river. but after spending a night thinking about it, and reading veriz post, yeah, most people now that i think about it would donk ship to get you into a huge pot that u wish u nver got into...but for some odd reason im thinking busted flush draw or JT....just my thoughts lol...although i hate to admit it, vs unknown player, tight play seems good in the long run...

HERO FOLD IT :( :(