[NL2-NL10] AKo NL2 SH - 3bet pot

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Feels pretty standard to me to c-bet the flop in this instance but just wondering about some other things like bet sizing etc.

I felt like my flop c-bet size is too small, but I was assuming that there may be fewer draws in his range, since it is a 3bet pot. Also he was slightly shorter stacked so a smaller bet may have been just as effective a 2/3 pot bet.

PokerStars - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BB): €2.00
      UTG: €10.66
      CO: €4.24
      BTN: €1.34 25/21/0/67/24 - seems LP
      SB: €1.98

SB posts SB €0.01, Hero posts BB €0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.03) Hero has A:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, BTN raises to €0.08, fold, Hero raises to €0.24, BTN calls €0.16

Flop: (€0.49, 2 players) 6:heart: J:heart: 2:club:
      Hero bets €0.23, BTN calls €0.23

Turn: (€0.95, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: (€0.95, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero checks, BTN bets €0.34, fold

BTN wins €0.92
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

I wouldn't say so. In 3bet pot there is no point to CB just once. If you plan to CB then you should at least try or consider doing the 2nd time. He wont ever lay down any pairs there which called preflop. If you playing this way on turn then rather Check/Fold the flop.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      thanks veriz.

As you probably know I am struggling playing in 3bet pots. Are there any good articles that you know of that describe the differences of c-betting in 3bet pots?

I am currently just using the concepts for standard continuation betting with regards to board texture.

Is this a good turn to be 2nd barrelling? I guess we a just repping TP+ and would always barrell the turn with top pair or better.

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Not that I am aware of, there are rather videos from like YourDoomPoker and etc but I guess they are a bit high rank stuff for you. :( They are like Diamond mostly. Although I am pretty sure there should be still some videos about CBetting, take a look into the list and new ones.

But practically it would depend a lot on the opponent here and what's his calling range preflop. We can safely pick just Check/Fold here as well. :)