[NL2-NL10] KK NL2 SH - OOP 3bet pot

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Should I attempt to call him down in this spot? Villain is obviously quite loose and aggressive. I had already noted that he had CC 3b's IP with QJo

Pre: Normally we would expect him to 4b QQ+ and AK for value but can't be sure he wont be calling these hands IP sometimes. I guess his range is something like:

77+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo

Flop: Obviously no point in me c-betting here, so I decide to bluff induce. I am quite certain he will be betting the flop very wide, i/e all pairs and draws, as well as his strong made hands - AX, TT etc. So I figure I can c/c and re-evaluate the turn.

Turn: Not the best card in the world for me, KJ and QQ now have me beat and now there is a FD out. I can beat QJ, KQ, 77-99, JJ but the pot on the river will be very big and villain will have a decent sized bet on the river which I will have a hard time calling, especially since it is possible that I am already drawing dead vs AT/AQ/AK.

PokerStars - €0.02 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: €3.07 49/34/5/19/199 - Fto3b = 67% 4/6
      BTN: €2.13
      SB: €3.70
      Hero (BB): €3.66
      UTG: €2.02
      MP: €1.31

SB posts SB €0.01, Hero posts BB €0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: €0.03) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to €0.06, BTN calls €0.06, SB calls €0.05, Hero raises to €0.32, CO calls €0.26, fold, fold

Flop: (€0.76, 2 players) T:club: A:diamond: A:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets €0.42, Hero calls €0.42

Turn: (€1.60, 2 players) Q:spade:
      Hero checks, CO bets €0.56, fold

CO wins €1.54
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello muel294,

Nah, I guess I wouldn't play much differently. Either way CB the flop yourself or play this way as you did. Most likely you are beaten there, not that much you beat. Myself I'd be towards CBetting myself.

Best Regards.
    • muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      why would you be c-betting here? Just to make the hand play easier and avoid be bluffed, also we may get called by weaker pairs and gutshots?

Also we are rarely being bluffed if we are raised here?

Thanks
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Well, one option could be to turn into bluff-catcher our hand but then would be hard to Call on the turn. :( He could still for example even barrel JJ/QQ there on blank. Therefore rather just Bet yourself. You don't even have to bet very big like $0,40 should be enough.