This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

poker grinding station set up?!

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I am playing at the moment on a laptop and this is not good for multitabeling. Screen is way too small and by stacking tables I miss to take notes of other plays etc.

Thinking to get desktop pc with 2 screens. Any ideas? How big must be screens and how powerful pc has to be etc. Or if U have one then what's your setup?
  • 31 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Awesome topic! I want some pics ;)

I only play on my Laptop, so no amazing Grinding Station for me :D , I can manage 6 Tables, 9 at a push. But I only play 4, so my Laptop is fine :)

How many tables are you planning to play in total / Each Screen?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I've got my 15.4 inch laptop screen set up with an external monitor with a 17" display. Works well for me, I can have the lobby/weaktight/skype/itunes/pokerstove on my laptop screen and my tables on the external.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      At begin if I am happy with 8. 4 & 4 so they should be decent sizes. But if I will add would still be ok up to 16.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've just realised.

My TV is only about 10 feet away, A wire from Laptop to TV and I have some Serious screenage!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I have 50 inch tv and I did that but this is no good. Because it copies laptop resolution to tv and still does not fit 8 tables to there. They be bit better to see. But not real thing if U know what I mean :-)
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Well, you don't need a powerfull pc in order to play poker. If you want a desktop pc only for poker, buy something cheap.

Right now i am playing with 2 sceens (19 & 23 inches). They can fit 10 tables, but i am thinking to save some money and buy a new 23 inches screen, so i can feet 12 tables and use ATI's eyeinfitnity.
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      My 21 inch monitor is connected to the laptop. V practical, i'm playing usually 6 tables and can scan the lobby on my laptop's screen.

I used to play 16 tables on this 21" monitor.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      But I really would like them tables in bigger size to fit nicely hud. And to see action better. If too many tables in 1 monitor it squeezes them too small. So nobody have grinding station here?
    • steveduckworth
      steveduckworth
      Basic
      This has got to be a very interesting thing to learn. I just hoped that things would work out well in the long run for this kind of thing to happen. Thanks!
      Bronze
      And what exactly U are talking about?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      I have 50 inch tv and I did that but this is no good. Because it copies laptop resolution to tv and still does not fit 8 tables to there. They be bit better to see. But not real thing if U know what I mean :-)
      This is easily solved. You have to configure settings on your laptop that you are using a 2nd display.

I play on 15" laptop, run 6 tables tiled. I have no problems :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      This is easily solved. You have to configure settings on your laptop that you are using a 2nd display.
      I don't think it's that simple. I've connected my laptop to TV before, and it didn't allow to set higher resolution than the one of laptops for a second monitor. It obv does allow it if u r using a standard pc monitor.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Try a 32in monitor, else dual 24in
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Choose to extend them (windows +P) and then play a little with the setting in screen resolution. It works for sure on windows 7, don't know about other OS's.

GL :f_biggrin:

My question how can you connect 2 monitors to a PC/laptop ? Special video card?
      I have for example 1VGA + 1 HDMI outs on my laptop, does it work to connect through both of these ports? :f_cool:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

I wanna see everyone's sexy setups :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      TT posted his sick setup in his blog!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      TT posted his sick setup in his blog!

yeah looks nice what he has.

I am thinking to buy 2 x 24" SAMSUNG full hd monitors. Question I am having now if 2 monitors can be hooked up to laptop somehow?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry

I wanna see everyone's sexy setups :D
      Poker setup [+ Add your setup]

Post your Poker Desktop Thread

There were few more threads like that but can't recall how they were named now
    • NorwayCowboy
      NorwayCowboy
      Bronze
      Here is my setup :megusta: