poker grinding station set up?!

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I am playing at the moment on a laptop and this is not good for multitabeling. Screen is way too small and by stacking tables I miss to take notes of other plays etc.

Thinking to get desktop pc with 2 screens. Any ideas? How big must be screens and how powerful pc has to be etc. Or if U have one then what's your setup?
  • 31 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Awesome topic! I want some pics ;)

I only play on my Laptop, so no amazing Grinding Station for me :D , I can manage 6 Tables, 9 at a push. But I only play 4, so my Laptop is fine :)

How many tables are you planning to play in total / Each Screen?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      I've got my 15.4 inch laptop screen set up with an external monitor with a 17" display. Works well for me, I can have the lobby/weaktight/skype/itunes/pokerstove on my laptop screen and my tables on the external.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      At begin if I am happy with 8. 4 & 4 so they should be decent sizes. But if I will add would still be ok up to 16.
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      I've just realised.

My TV is only about 10 feet away, A wire from Laptop to TV and I have some Serious screenage!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      I have 50 inch tv and I did that but this is no good. Because it copies laptop resolution to tv and still does not fit 8 tables to there. They be bit better to see. But not real thing if U know what I mean :-)
    • Solidius
      Solidius
      Bronze
      Well, you don't need a powerfull pc in order to play poker. If you want a desktop pc only for poker, buy something cheap.

Right now i am playing with 2 sceens (19 & 23 inches). They can fit 10 tables, but i am thinking to save some money and buy a new 23 inches screen, so i can feet 12 tables and use ATI's eyeinfitnity.
    • eudodo
      eudodo
      Bronze
      My 21 inch monitor is connected to the laptop. V practical, i'm playing usually 6 tables and can scan the lobby on my laptop's screen.

I used to play 16 tables on this 21" monitor.
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      But I really would like them tables in bigger size to fit nicely hud. And to see action better. If too many tables in 1 monitor it squeezes them too small. So nobody have grinding station here?
    • steveduckworth
      steveduckworth
      Basic
      This has got to be a very interesting thing to learn. I just hoped that things would work out well in the long run for this kind of thing to happen. Thanks!
      Bronze
      And what exactly U are talking about?
    • KozakFB
      KozakFB
      Bronze
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      I have 50 inch tv and I did that but this is no good. Because it copies laptop resolution to tv and still does not fit 8 tables to there. They be bit better to see. But not real thing if U know what I mean :-)
      This is easily solved. You have to configure settings on your laptop that you are using a 2nd display.

I play on 15" laptop, run 6 tables tiled. I have no problems :)
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by KozakFB
      Originally posted by RobertDaPro
      This is easily solved. You have to configure settings on your laptop that you are using a 2nd display.
      I don't think it's that simple. I've connected my laptop to TV before, and it didn't allow to set higher resolution than the one of laptops for a second monitor. It obv does allow it if u r using a standard pc monitor.
    • esuohdla
      esuohdla
      Bronze
      Try a 32in monitor, else dual 24in
    • DeMarcohsp
      DeMarcohsp
      Bronze
      Choose to extend them (windows +P) and then play a little with the setting in screen resolution. It works for sure on windows 7, don't know about other OS's.

GL :f_biggrin:

My question how can you connect 2 monitors to a PC/laptop ? Special video card?
      I have for example 1VGA + 1 HDMI outs on my laptop, does it work to connect through both of these ports? :f_cool:
    • MJPerry
      MJPerry
      Bronze

I wanna see everyone's sexy setups :D
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      TT posted his sick setup in his blog!
    • RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fruktpuff
      TT posted his sick setup in his blog!

yeah looks nice what he has.

I am thinking to buy 2 x 24" SAMSUNG full hd monitors. Question I am having now if 2 monitors can be hooked up to laptop somehow?
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MJPerry

I wanna see everyone's sexy setups :D
      Poker setup [+ Add your setup]

Post your Poker Desktop Thread

There were few more threads like that but can't recall how they were named now
    • NorwayCowboy
      NorwayCowboy
      Bronze
      Here is my setup :megusta: