Social Experiment

• Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Apologies for spelling.... I've had a few!

I've been thinking about this for a while and have decided (drunkenly) to 'scientifically' see what happens!

So I've been out since 9pm and had around 5 pints + some shorts... Safe to say I should not go anywhere nere the poker sites!

But, in this drunken state I need to see how badly I play!

I figure if I get out after an hour (on 4x.04nl tables) less than $15 down then tomorrow I'll be able to live with myself!

This could be a costly hour!

Hang tight to see what happens. Gonna try and play my usual game but got a feeling that aint gonna happen!
  • 15 replies
    • Deadbillis
      Deadbillis
      Bronze
      Well I won't do that again!

Lasted 20 mins.

somehow up $4 but no idea what I was doing!

Got Aces first hand and AK (which flop nut strt) about 3 hands later on the same table.

Head is spinning so much I could not work out where I was, who I was playing (hud no use to me) or even what my starting hands where!

NEVER PLEY DRUNKI!
    • p0kerQT
      p0kerQT
      Bronze
      Played poker drunk a few times. If you're not that drunk its ok and you can play well, but after a few too many, play can get... wreckless lol.

Somehow the thought of winning an all in with J2o is too funny to fold, well, it's not possible to get very far playing this way! One of the main effects of alcohol is it blocks you're prohibition senses, meaning something you would never do sober, you are more likely to do when drunk.

It can be fun though, so if you're gonna do it then only play somethin you have like 1000 buyins for :P
    • CentreStage
      CentreStage
      Bronze
      how big is a pint compared to a schooner ?

Im Australian, Schooners are all I know,

and I know em pretty well
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Last time I tried it I raise/called all-in on the river with the 4 card straight
    • Castle93
      Castle93
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      Last time I tried it I raise/called all-in on the river with the 4 card straight

if you were playing on stars you probably would have hit it after the river :coolface:
    • RasTweet
      RasTweet
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CentreStage

I thought a pint was 0,5L.
    • fanegreu
      fanegreu
      Gold
      Originally posted by RasTweet

I think 1 pint = 0,568 L. Not sure exactly but it's more than 0,5 anyway :f_biggrin:
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Originally posted by fanegreu
      Originally posted by RasTweet

I think 1 pint = 0,568 L. Not sure exactly but it's more than 0,5 anyway :f_biggrin:
      BINGO! 1 pint = 586ml or 0.586L

Yes, playing poker whilst under the influence of alcohol is never really a good idea. Can't say that I haven't done this in the past and being Irish certainly does not help :coolface:

As long as we don't make a habit of it and don't spew off our bankroll then I guess once every so often is not so bad :)

All the best,
      Gary
    • Jimanyjerk
      Jimanyjerk
      Bronze
      Best thing to do is play poker with a bunch of friend, volunteer to mix the drinks for everyone and "in your drunken stupor" forget to add alcohol to your drink.

basically:

Step 1: mix everyone else's drinks with alcohol
      Step 2: ???
      Step 3: Profit.

I'm down half a pitcher a few ceaser and a bottle of 3/4 litre from Quebec, I'm really fighting the urge to play poker right now,

PARTAYYY!

G.
    • beachbum29
      beachbum29
      Bronze
      I can think of much more entertaining things to do when you've had a few drinks :s_cool:
    • antstruk
      antstruk
      Bronze
      Originally posted by beachbum29
      I can think of much more entertaining things to do when you've had a few drinks :s_cool:

Fuck bitches, get money
    • Krishjanis
      Krishjanis
      Bronze
      Originally posted by antstruk
      Fuck bitches, get money
      Fuck bitches, stab bitches, get money! The things GTA has taught me.
    • roopopper
      roopopper
      Bronze
      personally I think your are binge drinking and may need to seek professional help :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week (and no more than four units in any one day).

What is a unit of alcohol?

One unit of alcohol is 10 ml (1 cl) by volume, or 8 g by weight, of pure alcohol. For example:
      •One unit of alcohol is about equal to:◦half a pint of ordinary strength beer, lager or cider (3-4% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a small pub measure (25 ml) of spirits (40% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a standard pub measure (50 ml) of fortified wine such as sherry or port (20% alcohol by volume)

•There are one and a half units of alcohol in:◦a small glass (125 ml) of ordinary strength wine (12% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a standard pub measure (35 ml) of spirits (40% alcohol by volume)
    • datsmahname
      datsmahname
      Global
      When you go through your session, work hard to identify the things you've done correctly. Those things represent skills that you've ingrained really well. The things you do really poorly that you would have played much better sober are areas of your game that need a lot of work.

edit: oh i'm a month late to this thread :f_biggrin:
    • fruktpuff
      fruktpuff
      Bronze
      Originally posted by roopopper
      personally I think your are binge drinking and may need to seek professional help :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:

Men should drink no more than 21 units of alcohol per week (and no more than four units in any one day).

What is a unit of alcohol?

One unit of alcohol is 10 ml (1 cl) by volume, or 8 g by weight, of pure alcohol. For example:
      •One unit of alcohol is about equal to:◦half a pint of ordinary strength beer, lager or cider (3-4% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a small pub measure (25 ml) of spirits (40% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a standard pub measure (50 ml) of fortified wine such as sherry or port (20% alcohol by volume)

•There are one and a half units of alcohol in:◦a small glass (125 ml) of ordinary strength wine (12% alcohol by volume), or
      ◦a standard pub measure (35 ml) of spirits (40% alcohol by volume)
      You tell a good story, Mr.Popper!

How's leaving as you preach worked out for you? :D

Regards,
      Richard